West Houston Firearms

Jack_Bauer24

Anyone have any experience with West Houston Firearms? I tried to locate their store on Google Maps but all I saw was a used car lot/insurance co. at that address.

NoSecondBest

I googled them and they've got a website, an address, and a map with a picture of the store on the address they have listed. Not sure why you're having trouble finding them. Look very legit to me.

Jack_Bauer24

If you click on the picture and take a closer look you will clearly see the 1439 over the door of the business but it's not West Houston Firearms.

NoSecondBest

I googles around some more and based on the lack of info and the store front being off...I'd pass on doing business with them. Something's wrong. The owner's name is foreign and he doesn't have much history anywhere.

dogtown tom

Jack_Bauer24 Anyone have any experience with West Houston Firearms? I tried to locate their store on Google Maps but all I saw was a used car lot/insurance co. at that address.
Google Map my business name and you'll find a picture of my house.;)

Jack_Bauer24 If you click on the picture and take a closer look you will clearly see the 1439 over the door of the business but it's not West Houston Firearms.
I don't have signage for my business either.

NoSecondBest I googles around some more and based on the lack of info and the store front being off...I'd pass on doing business with them. Something's wrong. The owner's name is foreign and he doesn't have much history anywhere.
What makes you think the store front is off? I don't have a store front and neither do the next closest dozen FFL's near me.

And the owners name is "foreign"? Good grief. :rolleyes:

A quick look at ATF's list of FFL's will show you that they have a valid license.

NoSecondBest

My comments were that I'd pass. Anyone is free to do as they please. To date I haven't been burned. Might be legit, might not. I'd just start looking elsewhere for the gun if I had to look that hard to find out if the place actually existed. Just too obscure for me over the net.

FITASC

Able ammo started the same way - they were an auto glass place (still are) and started selling guns and ammo on the side - and they grew. Maybe this guy is doing the same using his car lot as his "business location" in order to satisfy some local zoning ordinance? If nothing else, give them a call - your gut instinct over the phone will tell you better than anyone here speculating.

NoSecondBest

Able ammo started the same way - they were an auto glass place (still are) and started selling guns and ammo on the side - and they grew. Maybe this guy is doing the same using his car lot as his "business location" in order to satisfy some local zoning ordinance? If nothing else, give them a call - your gut instinct over the phone will tell you better than anyone here speculating.
Pretty much my sentiments as stated before. I always talk to either the buyer or seller before a deal is made. It's a lot more personal that way.