Went window shopping today and changed my list :)

Most accurate

• Remington 700 VLS

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • CZ-527

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Savage 12BVSS

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Tikka T3 Varmint

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

gonziii

Hello all,

I am revising my choices slightly. I am going to remove the RRA Varmint, can't justify spending that much money on a gun at the moment. One of the local shops had a CZ 527 in stock today and it was 60 bucks cheaper than the local competition, plus they would have to order it. The CZ was $590 and they also had a Remington 700 VLS in 223 in stock, I believe it was $570. I liked both guns a lot, but I couldn't not compare them to the Savage 12BVSS or a Tikka T3 Varming, they didn't have any in stock.

Since reliability doesn't seem to be an issue with CZ, Remington, Tikka or Savage, I would like your opinion on what is the most accurate out of the 4.

Thanks again for you input,
Gonz

esldude

Flip a coin. All are accurate. Or go with which one feels better when you have it in your hands.

Between the Rem and CZ, I would go with the Rem because the trigger can be adjusted to suit so easily.

The Savage has the Accutrigger which is pretty darn good.
Tika is a good rifle. I really think all four are going to be accurate out of the box. So best thing is, no bad choice. Any you go with you win. My personal preference if price isn't greatly different would be the Remington.

Saying that I own a Savage 10FP in .223 and have owned a Rem VS in 22-250. Have shot the CZ belonging to someone else, and once shot a T3.

gonziii

Thanks! It's nice to know I really can't go wrong with any of the choices. I will have to see if I can find a Tikka or Savage in stock before I make my final decision. The single set trigger on the CZ is supposed to be pretty nice and the guy in the shop couldn't say enough good things about them. He apparently use to own a shop and really pushed the CZ line then. He had the same gun on order, just in 204 instead of 223. I have to admit, the Remington was the purtiest rifle and I know they have a great rep for accuracy.

Thanks again for your response. I wish I could rent them all like I could a pistol, would make the decision much easier.

dave0520

Ok I'll admit it I'm pretty biased. I just love Remington rifles! It is true that all will probably be just as accurate. Some good things about the Remington are parts are everwhere, they're easily customizable, and they are very strong actions.

FirstFreedom

The set trigger of the CZ can make for some good practical accuracy. As far as actual accuracy, I have no idea. I'd bet they can all shoot better than me, so that'd be a moot point for me.

gonziii

I am leaning towards the CZ, I can special order it through Walmart for $582. I am not sure about the Remington anymore. The others have a 1 in 9 twist and the Remington is only available in 1 in 12. I don't know if I will need to shoot heavier bullets, but I would like to have the faster twist rate just in case I do. I will have to look up the rate on the Tikka, but I think it is 1 in 9 as well, just not 100% sure.

Thanks for the replies, keep them coming :)

tINY

I'll ring the Savage bell, especially if you are shooting a lot. That barrel is soooo easy to replace when the time comes (or if you want to convert to 204 rug).

-tINY

gonziii

I decided to get a hand gun for the winter, but will still get a .223 or .308 for the spring. They are opening up a new range closer to my house that is rumored to have rifle ranges up to 300 yards!

It looks like Savage is winning the vote here and I keep reading/hearing more great things about them. It will probably come down to the CZ or Savage in either 308 or 223.