Went to buy a 22 bolt today...

tINY

I fell in love with the Savage MK2 Mako today. I had a stack of cash in the safe from an M1 paratrooper that I sold recently.

The thing feels good on the shoulder and I love the accutrigger.

Of course the Oregon state instant check flunky pressed a wrong button and I got "delayed" for up to a month on the "instant" BG check (even though I have a Concealed Carry card....).

Is it bad mojo to price shop and look for a better deal on the same rifle while GI Joes is waiting to hear back?

-tINY

FS2K

The way I see it...

You've completed your part in the deal and was ready to pay for the rifle in full and it was thei mess up that the deal didn't go through...So no, there's nothing wrong with shopping around for the same gun now that you have some time to. This may have been a blessing in disguise and you'll find one for WAY cheaper.

taylorce1

What was the price that they were selling it for. I've seen this rifle on gunbroker and have been interested in it as well. I think they were selling in the low $300 range plus the usual fees for shipping and FFL transfer. I haven't seen any of the Mako's around town at the local gun shops and I would defiantly like to handle one.

tINY

Price tag was $339.99 and there is no sales tax in Oregon. I don't think I'll find one a lot cheaper, but maybe as low as $300.

It's definately a gun you want to handle before you buy it. I like it, but it's not very conventional. I was willing to pay their price because they had it in stock - but waiting a month is nuts. I tought that Federal law was 3 days or a week.....

-tINY