Went To An Auction

Hunter Customs

I went to an estate auction yesterday, it was very much like most farm auctions I attend.
In general guns at these auctions usally go high because they are purchased without any paper work but ammo in most cases is reasnoable.

At this auction guns and ammo was high, a Revelation bolt action 410 sold for $265, Windchester Wildcat 22 LR box of 50 sold for $13 a box.

It looks like the days of finding good buys on guns and ammo at auctions is now a thing of the past.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

nanewt02

Not just at auctions sadly, I had a few i traded WAY up on armslist. Like 2 years ago, all I get now are trade offers for hi points and tv s

kilimanjaro

Went to local estate sale yesterday morning and again today. All the ammo was priced at gouge prices, AR magazines at $30-50 apiece, Norinco 12 guage at $350, some Norinco ATD 22s at $375 each, a 10/22 with an MG42 plastic housing at $350, a Polish M44 (not best of shape) at $200, and 3 DPMS AR-15s were $1500 apiece. Couple of 30-30s in well-used shape. Spam can of Russian 7.62x54R at $135, and a Greek M2 Ball can at $195. Cheap Barska and Barska-level optics at $75 each. Today, all the ammo is gone but for the Russian stuff, and the guns have not moved, just a couple 30-30s gone.

I went back today for a box of the Greek M2, put it in the vintage ammo collection, but all gone.

Didn't seem to be much real interest in the stuff at the prices asked.

kc_hhsl

Auction Yesterday ...

Went to an auction yesterday - had various guns new and old. Prices were off the board

Mauser Model 1893 - $250 - and can still be shot. Ugly - not the club gun of yesterday.
Mauser model 1900 - $450 and as noted the barrel was corroded
SKS bolt action - $400 ... might work
Ball & Williams Civil War Gun - 44 long rim fire - went for $1,100 (collectors piece in fair condition)
Model 94 AE Winchester 30/30 - $575 (head scratcher)
Model 511 Remington 22 single shot - $125
Henry Lever Action 44 Mag (w/ box) - $975 (head scratcher)

Of the older guns the 1893 could be shot.

The Ball & Williams was a collectors gun and went for that price.

The 511 was a decent 22 but not for the price

Just shocked at what people paid.