Went and got that Mossberg!

Tatsumi67

I solved the dillemma. The 930 SPX can wait. I got a steal on this one!

A slightly used 500A for $245!

Mossberg_500_Tactical_by_Tatsumi67.jpg

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
The erosion of the factory blue on the mag tube shows that as a well broke in (not so slightly used) gun. Not saying it is a bad deal but not so great.
Brent

Tatsumi67

erosion of the factory blue on the mag tube shows that as a well broke in

The reciever is totally fine minus a bizarre withe spot on the interior.

I actually planned on reblueing it myself, for all of $6, this is a project gun of sorts.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Don't even fret with the tube... it will be bare in a couple hundred rounds or less and a well worn mag tube is equal to a marksmanship badge:D... I wasn't trying to imply the wear is excessive... just "well broken in" rather than "slightly used"...
Mine is 20 years old with untold thousands rounds and receiver is fine... but my tube has looked like yours since it got the first few hundred rounds thru it....
For "pitcher day" take a FAT TIPPED sharpie marker to it and it will look "maiden fresh" until you shoot it again:D
Brent

orangello

It looks very nice. My Mossy still works fine & shows much more wear; it makes me look like i shoot more than i do. Mine was a VERY used purchase at a pawn shop in 1996~ ($100 with damaged stock).

Would you mind posting the barrel label/markings, please. I have an old mossberg 500 with a new 18.5" barrel that looks a bit different. I also have the side saddle/shell holder and a "heat shield" (haven't affixed it yet). Do you have a magazine/tube extension on it? I'm also curious about the slingnut/attachment point you have at the forend. (forgive my terminal terminology)

Thanks.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
orangello, The 500 will not have a mag tube extension. the tube, barrel lug, and bolt setup won't allow it.
Brent

orangello

^^^ That's what i've been told; i was hoping for a miracle. It is weird though, that my magtube seems shorter in comparison. I'll have to take another look/measure.

rantingredneck

Orangello,

what you have is a standard 5+1 Mossberg 500 with the 18.5" barrel. The one in the picture above is the 8+1 version. No mag tube extension, an entirely different mag tube/barrel arrangement.

RR

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Oarngello, If you hit yer mark, yer good for 5 or 6 assailants... If you miss alot, 2 or 3 more rounds won't fix it:D;)
Brent

OlympicArmsFan

Great looking mossberg. I think thats not a bad price from what I have seen used in my area and on the net thats the going rate. Im hoping to get one soon. :D

Hallucinator

I love my SPX. However, I had one problem with it when I got it. The magazine tube was screwed on so tight I had to use vice grips to get it off. Apparently I'm not the only one who's had this problem.

The shotgun is a blast to shoot (no pun intended). I've put 75 slugs through mine so far. It's incredibly accurate at 75 yards. I'm going to re-sight it for self defense range next week.