well now, lookie here

Doyle

Now if they would just produce a Redhawk in .454 (regular Redhawk not the fugly Super Redhawk).

samsmix

Daddy like!

Mostly because .45 Colt serves 80% of my sixgun hunting needs, but I DO like a heavy revolver to back up my bear spray.

I too Love the Redhawk, but think the Super Red is a ridiculous excuse for a handgun. Might as well carry a rifle at that point.

rclark

I do believe Lipseys made a recent run, and I also believe they were 'sold out'. I personally will stick with o' .45 Colt (Tier 2 or 3) for my woods needs.

Targa

They do look really nice. I really like the unfluted cylinders. Now they just need a .460 and all is good, I know, I know never satisfied right...:D

Last edited:

jackmoser65

Now if they would just produce a Redhawk in .454 (regular Redhawk not the fugly Super Redhawk).
A handloader has no such need. The standard .45Colt Redhawk is good to over 50,000PSI.

Now they just need a .460 and all is good, I know, I know never satisfied right...
What exactly do you think you're gaining with the .460 over the .454?

TMD

What exactly do you think you're gaining with the .460 over the .454?

About 400fps.
Yes I know the 454 can drop anything on this planet but the added velocity of the 460 makes for a flatter trajectory. Actually kind of fun when shooting steel plates at 300 and 400 yards