Well, Not A Colt LW Commander In 9mm, But.....

Joe_Pike

I have been shopping for a Colt LW Commander in 9mm but the one I wanted got away (someone literally bought it a minute before I was going to buy it). Anyway, I ran across a guy that wanted to sell this to help fund another purchase, and even though it wasn't what I wanted I figured that I couldn't go wrong for $850. It's a Colt Gold Cup National Match in 45 acp from 1978/1979. It has the box (not in the greatest shape, but does have it) and is in real nice shape other than a slight idiot mark.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170324_173637.jpg
    20170324_173637.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

Ibmikey

If you crave a banana why would you buy a apple?
I would keep up my quest for the LW Commander they are such unique pistols and make one of the best CC weapons available. In my younger years I loved to trade pistols and rifles to keep something new in my hands as often as possible, much to my current dismay my. LW Commander was one of the trade goods. The pistol shot with a minimum of recoil, was easily concealed and a light package that I would forget I was carrying.
Currently my Sig P 938 serves the CC needs at half the size.

Joe_Pike

If you crave a banana why would you buy a apple?

Because, Grasshopper, one does not pass up an apple that in the future could get him the banana with less of an investment. I have since looked these up on Gunbroker and they seem to be selling regularly for $1,100+.

The one I missed was $785 NIB, so, I am still trying to get passed that.

Last edited:

smee78

Congrats on a fine addition, I also would of gotten this gun at the price you paid, looks like a great shooter.

As for the 9mm LW, keep up the search, the gun your looking for will come along.

Big Shrek

Grab a RIA 1911 9mm double stack with the .22TCM barrel spare,
and you'll have far more fun, and spend about half as much,
which leaves far more for ammo ;)

I know...sacrilege...but still, they are fun as heck :D

Targa

You did well Joe. Yeh, my Colt has the idiot mark as well but that's what happens when a idiot (me) gets a hold of one...:)

RickB

I've seen two or three unfired Colts for sale with obvious idiot marks, as if the original buyer had scratched them first thing, then couldn't stand being reminded every time they handled the gun.
If the price comes down accordingly, it's not such a terrible thing.
When the seller indicates something like "the usual take-down mark", then you know there's no discount!