Well... Just purchased my first CZ

smoke63b

I purchased a CZ75b in Satin Nickel from Bud's Gun Shop today. Looking forward to getting it in hand. I've never owned a CZ before but I used to have a Tanfoglio TA90 that I found in a pawn shop for 165 bucks. I picked that up about 4 years ago and should've kept it for sure. It was also a satin nickel like finish. I remember it looked more like the pre-b's and I remember it being THE most comfortable handgun I've ever fired. I took it back to the pawn shop because every 4th or 5th round seemed to be keyhole'ing on the paper even though it was very accurate. I figured the bore must've been shot out of it. I took it back to the pawn shop and asked if he could find a barrel for it. They then proceeded to sell it for 250 bucks to someone else. When I came back looking for it 2 weeks later they refunded my 165 with an apology saying it was an accident...
Weird incident. Pawn shops usually suck. Wish I would've just kept it anyway.

Well, this one will never be sold. It's going to be a keeper I'm sure.

Now for an actual question on something relevant. Does anyone have any experience with the satin nickel finishes on the CZ75b's? Is it fairly resilient? Also, what class would I be able to shoot this gun in for IDPA?

EXCITED!

armoredman

I would have taken that pawn shop to the cleaners - that's theft and trafficking in stolen property. Seriously.
The CZ finishes are quite durable, come over to czforum.com for good CZ info. You will enjoy this fine pistol!
IDPA should be in Enhanced, IIRC, been a long time since I shot IDPA.

RobertRogers

Yeah, seems to me they stole your property. Possibly wanted it for themselves or there was something about it that gave it greater value than you knew.

Walt Sherrill

For IDPA, the 75B, when starting hammer down, can be shot in the Stock Service Pistol division, and when starting cocked and locked, in Enhanced Service Pistol.

You've got options.

NoleMan

Not sure of the resiliency, but I can tell you, from what I've read, you bought one heck of a firearm...i want one :D

Walt Sherrill

Should have replied earlier on this point: the satin nickel finish is probably the most durable of the CZ finishes. (Stainless isn't a "finish," and CZ offer that, too, in some models.)

I've had several, including my second CZ -- an 85 Combat -- in satin nickel.

You'll have to clean it from time to time with Flitz, but it looks as good, today, as it did 7-8 years ago, when I bought it, new.

dwhitehorne

Satin Nickel CZ= :D

IMG_1931.jpg

magnum force

my cz 75 9mm has the polished enamel finish they used to use back in the day (it was made in 1982) and it's a beautiful finish and extememly durable, i have fired about 13,000 rounds through it and it has held up very well.

i don't have experience with the sating nickel, but based on my 2 cz's i'd say you have nothing to worry about (i also have a cz75b 40cal) :D

by the way-in 13,000 rounds, my cz75 9mm has never jammed.

Tophe

I love the satin nickel finishes on the CZ guns! No experience in owning one, but maybe some day. I own a CZ P-01 and love it so far. 940 rounds through it, 99.9% reliable and I can justify the .1% failure rate from a dirty mag:)

snail

You will not be dissapointed with the CZ. The guns just won't quit, and they are built like tanks. The only downside is they are a bit heavy for carry.

smoke63b

Thanks for the replies. Wow those are beautiful guns!

Yeah in hindsight I should've done a lot more than I did in regards to that pawnshop. Live and learn.

I watched for a long time to see when a satin nickel finish would be in-stock for a good price. They had some stainless for a bit but I just couldn't justify the 100 dollar plus price difference for myself. I also THINK I like the satin nickel finish better than the stainless guns.

That's very cool that it can shoot in 2 different divisions. I've been looking to get into IDPA for a while and hoping to use a CZ. (I know very little about IDPA besides the basics I've read on this site and the IDPA site.)

Now, what's a decent holster that you can actually carry this thing concealed in :D Might be fun to try carrying this big thing! I used to CC my glock 23 when I was doing P.I. work for several years and it was fine. Obviously much lighter though. Still quite thick. I've been CC'ing a Kahr CW9 for the last couple of years and I carry other larger guns in my car. I'm trading the CW9 away though on a good tradeoff this coming monday.

azredhawk44

I've got a satin nickel 75 and carry it in a CompTac Pro Undercover IWB holster.

The gun is heavy and you have to use a quality belt to carry it.

I got the 75 compact holster and then re-formed the bottom of the holster so that the longer barrel of my fullsize can poke out the bottom: I want to get the PCR lightweight compact model as well, so that holster will fit both pistols now.

N.H. Yankee

I have owned a few CZ's and still have some. I just bought a used P-01 3 weeks ago. I have only had the chance to shoot it for 1/2 hour at my range outback. Rain, and now heat and humidity have kept me from any further shooting. The time I did get with it was impressive. Most factory ammo stayed within 3 inch's at 25 yards from a solid rest, no failures and 124gr CCI Blazer Brass shot a 5 shot ragged hole. I am going to try to get back out this weekend and retry the CCI Blazer to see if it was a fluke or the real deal.

The gun has such great ergonomics's, it refreshing to pick up a handgun and have it point naturally. I also noticed shooting 4-5 inch offhand groups were easy and recoil wasn't as harsh as I thought it might be for an alloy frame compact. I have a couple CZ75's 9mm and 40 and they have both been excellent shooters and reliable. I think you are going to enjoy your CZ75, many people don't stop at one CZ.

magnum force

i have to mention something else-the cz75's ergonomics are unmatched by any other autopistol, even high end 1911's. these guns just can't be beat for the money! :D

wvshooter

Congrats on a great gun! I've got a 75BD and love it. I don't think it's be mentioned but the barrel has some kind of a special treatment to make it harder. The treatment causes the outer portion of the barrel chamber to appear dull and this should not be polished out.

hanno

I think you are going to enjoy your CZ75, many people don't stop at one CZ.

Roger that.

This spring I bought a CZ 75 SP-01. I liked it so much I bought a Kadet Kit for it. Then I traded a SIG for a CZ 75 SA to use as a dedicated base for the Kadet Kit. Recently decided I just had to have the CZ 97B and got one.

I wish I had gotten into CZs a long time ago - superb pistols.

Congrats smoke63b on your new CZ!

smoke63b

Thanks again!
Yeah. Like I said I had a Tanfoglio a while back and the main thing I remember about it was the ergonomics. Insanely great match for my hands and apparently a lot of other people's too.

+1 on the can't stop with 1. I don't have this CZ in hand yet and I'm already eyeballing a 97. Man! I don't know why I never looked at the 97's before. It's one of the coolest looking .45's I think I've ever seen and with CZ quality and ergonomics, hopefully just as comfy and reliable as a 75. It's gonna be tough to decide between it and a 1911 style .45 when I get ready for my next purchase.

MLeake

Just bought my second CZ last night

Bought a CZ75B Omega a little while back, and immediately loved it. Grip feels great, pistol is dead accurate, recoil is easy, and trigger is really good.

Only problem, my lady chose that pistol as HER favorite, too, so I left it with her while I've been away TDY...

So, between wanting her to have access to the Omega, and wanting something a wee bit smaller for carry (weight doesn't really bother me, but the B has a pretty big grip that likes to print against lighter weight shirts), I bought a CZ75D PCR compact last night.

Shoots very nearly as well as the Omega... think I've found my new primary CCW.

Enjoy yours when it arrives, from a new CZ fan.

Pic from test fire of new PCR:

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu208/MLeake/CZ75DPCR10yds100rds.jpg?t=1248920400

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu208/MLeake/CZ75DPCR7yds50rds.jpg?t=1248920424

Last edited:

7east

Gotta say I love my 75b. I'm only using it for range duty at the moment so i'm conducting a little experiment to see how long I can go without cleaning it and have it still work properly. 450 rounds so far (I know nothing special), but it's still going strong. Very nice guns.

Walt Sherrill

i'm conducting a little experiment to see how long I can go without cleaning it and have it still work properly.

I started to do this once, with my 85 Combat, but finally gave it up -- I was ashamed to let anyone see just how dirty the gun had become... And that was about 1500 rounds.