Well, here she is! 97b

chris in va

Hey, it only took me 8 years to finally get one.:p

I haven't decided if I want to sand down the grips or not. Kinda like the rough texture, but sure would be nice to bring out the nice walnut grain.

SA trigger is somewhat better than my 75's when new. Still needs time to wear in.

gunluver

Nice pick-up! I have yet to come accross a 97 to handle. I have heard that they are rather large and I prefer smaller framed guns (cz 75 compact PCR, Sig 229). I would like to maybe have one at some point, just can't make that decision until I get to "fondle" one.

Let us know how she shoots

geetarman

Chris,

I predict you will really like the gun. I have that model and am taking it to the range tomorrow.

Great snag!!

Geetarman:D

chris in va

It's my understanding you have to find the 'right' hollowpoint design, something narrow enough not to hang on the feed ramp...which interestingly is exactly the same width as the one on my 75BD. I haven't seen a picture of the earlier models but it looks to me like the chamber has been throated on this 2010 version. My hotter LRN will probably suffice though, maybe some 'spensive Critical Defense or EFMJ.

I compared a couple more things tonight. The 75 slide fits on the 97's but obviously won't function. My Kadet slide also goes on but not far back enough. Don't worry, I wouldn't even consider attempting that sort of graft.:cool:

The 75 and 97 barrel lengths are the same.

The Witness 45 magazine is identical to the factory 97 mag, except the baseplate is slightly thinner, so there's a 2mm gap. Same body, same follower, same spring etc etc. $15 difference.

Machine gun shoot this weekend so I won't be able to test drive it until probably Wednesday. With the thousands of people floating in and out of the shop, I felt it necessary to get it before someone else got a shine to it.

Pilot

I never heard that all CZ's have trouble with hollowpoints, just the older 97B's. I also thought thye corrected that, and that newer 97B's feed anything.

My 75B, and PCR feed hollowpoints fine.

chris in va

I never heard that all CZ's have trouble with hollowpoints, just the older 97B's.

Right, just the 97b. Apparently they were designed to fire ball ammo as hollowpoints are banned in the Czech Republic? Just repeating what floats around on the net.

WildBill45

Does the newer CZ models point as well?

Nice!

I haven't shot one of the newer CZ models, but I had plenty of time shooting my old 75!

Does the newer CZ models point as well?

volkstrm

I have a 97b also got it new it's a 2004 model.It did not feed H/P's all that well all I did was call up CZ & they told me to just send it in and they would fix it for free. I did just that & also had them put on night sights on for me. I now feeds anything I put in it & they also replaced my mag's with the updated one's for the BD model for free. I had the gun for 3yrs before I call them about it not feeding H/P's. There C/S is the best! I also put on the stock rubber grips from the BD model gun looks shoots great! I love my CZ'S. I now have 6 of them.
They are,75BD,75compact,97B,CZ40,p-01,sp-01tac. One thing I do right away is dump that plastic guide rod & put in a steel one on all of my CZ'S. You can get them from CZ. You are going to love your 97B. I out shoot my Sig,220 combat with my 97B. And the 220 is one hell of a gun.

tekarra

Nice pickup. I wanted a 97 for a long time and when I finally found one, the grip is just a bit large for me. Oh well!

insomni

That is beautiful!
I've wanted to try out the CZ series for some time now, but the gun shops around here tend to carry just American, German, and Brazilian. (I think they're skurrd of fine Eastern Bloc pistols)