Well, finally *I* get a deal! :)

maillemaker

So I always get so jealous when every six months or so someone posts on here how they picked up a "broken" black powder revolver for like $20 and got it home and discover a broken cap inside or something and the end up with a nice new revolver for $20.

Well, last weekend finally I got a deal. Not like a really sneaky or clever deal though - one of my N-SSA team mates is getting out of shooting so as a friend he made me a great deal on his revolver gear:

http://imgur.com/a/cXpW9

I got:

Uberti 1858 Remington Revolver
Spare cylinder
Spare Cylinder pouch
Holster
4 ammo boxes
100 cartridge tubes
hundreds and hundreds of wads
Lee conical bullet mold
Loading stand
Capper
3 tins of caps

All for $175! I figure this has got to be at least $400 worth of gear in the deal.

So. There's my "once in a lifetime" story! :)

Steve

Hellgate

I've done that sort of thing a bunch of times. Usually what happens is I get a broken gun, fix it up to where it is a shooter, realize I don't really need it and end up selling it for what I paid. So far, I've owned about 38 different C&Bs but only have about 15 or 16 (lost count) that I use in matches. A couple I haven't even shot yet (not enough time to do everything planned). Welcome to the addiction. It is a benign condition in which you will not go broke doing but likely will clutter your loading room.

bedbugbilly

Congtats! If you wait long enough - "your ship will come in"! :)

I have so many fond memories of shooting N-SSA. Not just the shoots but the trips to Winchester twice a year and especially the guys I always traveled with and shot with. I'm sure your friend is sorta sad to give it up, but things change. At least he knows his gear went to a good guy who will enjoy it and put it to good use! Enjoy and have fun - you're "shooting angel" must have been smiling down on you! :)

sltm1

Good for you...if you're like me, you fall into the, "even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then" category.