Weight of the Browning BAR synthetic?

twoblink

There are new Browning BAR's (not on the website yet) which have synthetic stock and forearm instead of wood. Because the brochures are so useless now, it doesn't even list the weight. I like the BAR's, my compliant was that they were too heavy if you had to lug it around all day... So anybody know how much lighter the synthetic stocks make the BAR?

Thanks.

Albert

ED CHAVEZ

The synthetic stock should make-it weigh about 7lbs. Have you seen the alloy receiver model? The alloy model weighs 7.2lbs. Hope this bit of information helps you out. Later.

rogermac

Albert,

If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader, (and the patience to wait for the download) you can download the full 2001 catalog from the web site. It lists the BAR Stalker at 6 lbs, 12 oz in 243 & 308, and 6 lbs, 14 oz in 270 & 30-06. Both are listed at 7 lbs, 2 oz in Lightweight, and 7 lbs 6 oz in Safari w/o sights. Weights for magnum calibers are kind of confusing, and look like a typo, or Stalker mag may have steel reciever(?) :confused:

Overall, synthetic looks to be about 4 oz lighter than wood. (Looks like someone finally has a semi-auto hunting rifle I'd actually consider :eek: )

Hope this helps... Mac

twoblink

I'd prefer the receiver to be steel instead of alloy, alloy tends to have more fatigue in the long run, and we KNOW that the BAR is going to be around for a long time if I get one.

Downloading? Doesn't everybody have a T1 or DSL? :)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look. If it's 7lbs or so (sub 8lbs) then I'm definitely going to have to take a look. I was aiming for 8.5lbs with scope...

Albert

Nimrod

The 2000/2001 Browning catalogue is certainly not what I would call a wealth of information. It would be interesting find out of the Stalkers have a steel or alloy frame.