Weaver Kaspa's... owners thoughts ???

I'm re-scoping a lot of my rifles right now, as well as putting some scopes on some that are newer or never had scopes... one such rifle, is a 7mm Magnum used custom gun, built by my local builder buddy, he doesn't enjoy shooting "the magnums" any more, so it came to me... minus the scope... it's not a gun I'll shoot all that much, so I'm looking to put an intermediately priced scope on it...

one of the rifles I'm looking at, is a Weaver 4-12 SF Kaspa with a ballistic X reticle...

... I'm worried that a belted magnum may eat up the cheaper line up of Weavers scopes...

any Kaspa owners want to comment on how you like your scope, & what it's mounted on???

hagar

I have 2 Kaspas on AR15's, and a Weaver V16 on a 7mm Sendero. Weaver is my favorite "cheap" scope, they perform very well for what I want out of them. I had to send a Kaspa back because it was not tracking well, but the replacement works like a charm.

kraigwy

I put one on my Model 70 in 270 Win. Mine is Mil/MOA, (mil dots with MOA adjustments).

For some reason on the prairie (hunting antelope) my LRF doesn't work very well past 300 yards so the Mil Dot comes in handy for estimating ranges, and since I know the size of animals inch wise, its easy to correct.

I built a scale of the size of animals I hunt, (deer, antelope and elk) in mils, then set my point blank zero so I know the maximum I can shoot where the path of the bullet will stay in the vital are of the critter I'm hunting. It works quite well.

The Kaspa seems to hold up well, and holds its zero. The only problem I have with it is the side focus, makes it hard to get the rifle into my rifle scabbards I use on my horse or atv.

thanks for the reply...

I haven't gone there yet ( the scabbard ) I have a Kawasaki 4 person Mule I use as a range vehicle... I've been planning on mounting a couple Kolpin hard ATV scabbards mounted on the drivers side to hold my rifles, leaving the back rack, for visitors rifles :)