Weatherby Vanguard .270

akr

I just bought a used Weatherby Vanguard .270 Winchester. It is in 90 to 100% condition. I haven't received it yet, but it will come with the scope, sling, and case. I paid $409 for it. Does that sound about right? :eek: :barf:

taylorce1

Brand new ones right now are going for $399. Really depends on what type of scope you got on the rifle weather or not you got a good deal. Slings and cases are usually not worth much, I sell my used ones for around $10 each. I'd say you came out all right.

akr

$399 for the pkg.(scope, sling, case) or just for the gun? The scope is Bushnell Banner 3-9x40.

taylorce1

$399 for just the rifle new packages with scope usually runs around $499-550. So you paid about $350 for a used rifle, and gave maybe an extra $50 for the accessories. The Bushnell Banner scope runs about $60 new, scope mounts $30 new, case $20 new, sling $20 new. You wouldn't get anything for the scope, scope mounts, sling, and case if you traded it in to a gun shop so I usually take them off when I sell a rifle. It wasn't a great deal, but the good news is you have an excellent deer rifle now.