Weatherby (Shooting Nirvana)

chadwimc

I took the Weatherby out for a spin the other day. I had mounted the scope, but only bore sighted it. I met an old guy at the range who spotted for me. The first 3 shots were high and left(a little bit). I adjusted. The second 3 shots were high(again, a lil bit). I adjusted the scope and fired. My spotter said "You got it, kid. You're right on". I fired a second shot. "You almost hit the first hole". I dialed the scope up as high as it would go. I fired a third shot. "Where did that one go"? "It hit the first hole". I resisted all urges to jump up and run around screaming "Did you see that shot"? I calmly folded up my stuff, acting like I could shoot a group like that anytime I wanted.:D

Weatherby Vangaurd
.270 Winchester
Leupold VARI-X lll 3.5 X 10 X 50
150 gr Powerpoint

skeeter1

That sounds like a great day at the range. I love it when I get two rounds through the same hole.

I don't have a Weatherby rifle, but I've got a Weatherby scope on my Marlin 39, and it's held a perfect zero for 35 years now.

I hope you bought the "old guy" a beer afterwards. I'm one of those old guys, and I enjoy helpiing out other shooters almost as much as shooting itself.

chadwimc

I'd post a pic if I could. The manage attachments just goes to "page cannot be displayed". The old guy had to have been 80. I'm 45. He was calling me "kid" just to throw my aim off;)