Weatherby owners...

presence

Hey guys, how can I tell the difference between a MarkV stock and a Vanguard stock? I was told they are not interchangeable, but the cut outs look so similar.

Thanks in advance.

sc928porsche

If its wood stocks, the MK V uses AA grade or better walnut with a very fine finish and polish. Brownings are usually the same. Vanguards use a lesser grade wood and the finish isnt as fine. More along the grade of the Remingtons and Winchesters.

presence

I understand the difference in quality, but I'm asking about the physical differences in the two, such as a different bolt hole or smaller trigger hole, etc.

I ask because I want a walnut stock for my vanguard and there is one available on eBay but the seller doesn't know what model it is for... only that its a weatherby.

Thanks again

jmr40

The 2 are not interchangeable, but to be honest I don't know how to tell the difference. Over the years they have made several different styles so it would be hard to tell just looking at the exterior of the stock. You'd need to see differences in inletting. I'd call Weatherby's Customer service Dept tomorrow for guidance.