Weapon???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango1niner

Hi Guys,
Just reading the posts I find that many of us call our guns "weapons". For those of us with military service in our backround the worst thing you could do was call your M1, M14, M16, etc... a gun. I'm sure many of you can remember the recruit on the ground doing push ups then standing and reciting " this is my weapon(showing all his "weapon"), this is my gun(pointing to his crotch), this is for killing(showing his "weapon") and this is for fun(again pointing to his crotch) and then back to the ground to do more push ups. Anyone remember that?? In that perspective it was a weapon, we as soldiers were weapons.
To our forefathers a firearm was a tool, it was a means of putting food on the table. It was a tool to protect them from the bad guys. It was a survival tool. Most youngsters of that time were taught how to shoot at a very young age. To them it was grandpa's SxS. The point of my tirade is that we all need to stop calling our firearms "weapons". If you can't then you should call your Chevy, kitchen knife, baseball bat, etc... a weapon as well. The people who want to take our guns away cannot get that word out of their vocabulary. See if you can take it out of yours ! Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.