We need to voice our opinion.

BerettaCougar

TFL when the Muslim extremist parade after downing an American helicopter, we scream that the moderates do not openly condemn their actions.

I know the two are almost completely different, but come ON!

Here on TFL we make threads focusing on the type of guns used in the recent string of shooting sprees. We b*tch about the antigun crowd. We b*tch about everything. We have a few people that offer condolences. We need, as one of the most popular gun forums to collectively condemn this trend. These psychos are not with us, we do not train for mass murder, we train to defend ourselves. I know that we know this, they do not!

Something needs to be posted in all gun magazine covers, on all gun websites, something that voices our opinion. WE CONDEMN THESE ATROCITIES!

It may be anger towards some of the quacks here, or quacks on TV, or quacks I know personally but I cannot be only one that feels this way...

rampage841512

I actually went on a little rant on my lunch break at work the other night about these kinds of people. I think a lot of people who know about my interest in guns were surprised. It's not the first time either. I tend to flip my lid when some idiot makes comments about someone like me (being a law abiding gun owner) going on some kind of shooting rampage. To them it's a joke. To me it's dead serious. If someone thought I was actually planning on doing something like that I could end up listed at an 'enemy combatant' at worst, and have my guns confiscated at best and my life ransacked at best.

Thumper

These kinds of cretins have no association with me. I'd prefer not to create one.

These weren't gun nuts...they were just nuts. You can focus on the tool if you like, but even the media seems to realize that that's an illogical association.

HarrySchell

Can I suggest you write as many letters to the editors and to your congresspoeple as you can stand?

I visit GunNewsDaily to see about commenting on stories they run, like Bloomberg and his quiz for the candidates. Write to your local papers, about stuff you see here, at glocktalk, etc where there is a media link. Write to the reporter if there is no way to write to the paper, such as on TV stories.

The more writing (and more informed your writing is) the more the arguements will get thrown at the people who need to hear them.

It is dull and a lot of work, but sometimes you can even see something published, and even more people see what you said.

Especially when you point out why the 2A is a matter of self-defense, not guns, even some very anti-gun people get very quiet and thoughtful about declaring it "obsolete". Much more complicated when you ask them if they mind being raped or killed and have no recourse.