Warning for the humor-impaired

pax

For discussion (and ridicule) purposes only, from http://www.bergen.com/morenews/fakeemail20001103c.htm
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
News briefs
Friday, November 3, 2000

Bogus e-mails ask voters to cast ballots a day late

WASHINGTON -- Political troublemakers have been circulating fake e-mails telling voters that Democrats and Republicans should vote on separate days.

One hoax says Democrats should vote on Election Day, which is Tuesday, and Republicans should vote a day later.

"Due to an anticipated turnout much larger than originally expected, CBS News reports that the country's polling facilities may not be able to accommodate all voters in a single day," the message reads. "Do your civic duty: Pass this message along to make sure that nobody gets left out."

"It's obviously a complete fabrication and a joke," CBS spokeswoman Sandy Genelius said.

Similar e-mails are trying to deter Democratic voters from the polls Tuesday.

In Nevada, a fake message purporting to be from the Clark County Registrar of Voters said Democrats should vote the day after Election Day.

"Many voters may find this e-mail amusing, but I must reiterate that Election Day is Nov. 7," said Nevada Secretary of State Dean Heller. "I do not want any voters to miss their opportunity to cast a ballot due to a bad joke."
[/quote]

On the other hand, if it were due to a good joke ....

pax

"A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents." -- G. C. Lichtenberg

duck hunt

I got one of these from some rainforest environmentalist guy I know. I wrote back and asked him when the Libertarians were supposed to go. He didn't answer me!

------------------
*quack*

Destructo6

I saw that posted over at [uwl]www.sturmgewehr.com[/url] and immediately ID'd it as a joke. If you're not quite bright enough to catch it, maybe you should vote a day late.