Warm gun=Happiness

Schlitz 45

If happiness is a warm gun I was one happy SOB last weekend. Me & the Vaquero went out on the open range & had it out with the dueling tree. I guess I'd never put so many rounds through it quite as fast in the past & the cylinder got some pretty rainbows that I'd never seen before. Also shot a selection of 45 Colt handloads through the chronograph with my new Marlin 1894 & was disappointed on some of the velocities compared to factory rounds, but I'm just starting to work them up so back to the press this week. No one around for miles & only saw one truck on my way out.
r1ZhUAgl.jpg

rclark

What can I say? Other than right on! .45 Colt can't beat it. I usually don't get my guns quite that hot though. Usually 'stretch out' the shooting session with a little .22 six gunning intermixed.

Schlitz 45

I just got notice my 250 grain Berry's plated flat nose bullets delivered today so I can hold off on loading up more XTP's & Speer JHP's. 45 Colt is why I started reloading & I was back at it this week getting ready for another outing Saturday before the Easter snow comes in-springtime in the Rockies :)
C1nRweAl.jpg

RoyceP

Schlitz I like that Ruger. Wish they would sell a version of it with a heavy top strap like a Colt New Frontier so there could be adjustable sights for my old eyes.

I got a box of those Berry's 250 Gr. flat point bullets and loaded 50 of them up. I wonder how accurate they will be since they are .452" diameter? Our ranges here are closed. Gun stores are open.

rclark

Wish they would sell a version of it with a heavy top strap like a Colt New Frontier so there could be adjustable sights for my old eyes.
That's called a Ruger Blackhawk :) . Either the run of the mill large frame Blackhawk, or the medium frame flattop Blackhawk (same frame as the New Vaquero). Both have the adjustable sights. My preference is the medium frame flattops (RUNVB-44X, RUNVB-455X, RUKNVB-44X, RUKNVB-455X) .

Last edited:

RoyceP

That's called a Ruger Blackhawk :) . Either the run of the mill large frame Blackhawk, or the medium frame flattop Blackhawk (same frame as the New Vaquero). Both have the adjustable sights. My preference is the medium frame flattops (RUNVB-44X, RUNVB-455X, RUKNVB-44X, RUKNVB-455X) .
Yes the Lipsey's 45 Ruger flat top in blue looks decent. I would need to get some wood grips on there, the white plastic makes me ill. Might see if my LGS would order one for me.

I've had several of the Super Blackhawks and they are just too big and heavy for 45 Colt or 44 Special which are my two favorites.