Wanting New CC 45

pipoman

I have decided I want to start cc again. I carried for 5 years then quit for the last 5 years. In my state there is no "shall" law. You must be a state licensed detective to cc. I am a licensed pi, I just have to requalify and add cc to my e&o insurance. When I carried before I had a S&W Sigma 40 full size and a S&W 9514 9mm on my license. I still have both of those guns. I liked carrying the 9mm because of the size regardless of the obvious problem of shoot thru and stopping power. I did not experience any of the performance issues attributed to the Sigmas, I think they have gotten a bad rap. I did not like the "clunky" feel of the Sigma.

I have decided I will carry a compact 45 this time. I would like to go to my favorite dealer with 3 or 4 possibilities. So far I like HK P2000, and the Kimber CDP Ultra or Compact.

I would like to stay in the $900 to $1200 range.

Does anyone have input on the 2 guns mentioned or other suggestions?

Sir William

You like S&W so, SW1911? They offer several models now. You may laugh but, Rock Island/Twin Pines/Charles Daly or Dan Wesson are excellent 1911s for the money. A Ed Brown Commander Bobtail is perfection with a full size frame. In double action there is Para Ordnance with several models. The USP45 is a decent 45. My thinking is to purchase a full size and a Commander. Colt is still in business too.

pipoman

Thanks for the input.

I did like S&W until they folded under minor pressure. Now I will not buy a Walther or S&W (new).

The Colt Defender is a possibility. I definately want a compact or sub.

I know the Glock is a very good reliable gun. I have to answer to LEO frequently when carrying and they respond to a disturbance involving me. I have found alot of LEO "dis" my type if I am carrying a "Gangster" type arm. I also realize some LEOs carry Glocks. I would prefer to spend a little more and buy something without the stigma.

Last edited: