Wanting a .357 Sig, decisions, decisions...

Which one should I get?

• HK P2000

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Sig P226

Votes: 38 73.1%

• Total voters

IZinterrogator

So I want to get a .357 Sig to round out the collection. Should I get an HK P2000 or a Sig P226? I already own the P226 in its 9mm incarnation and I shoot it very well. Is the P2000 better than the P226? Which pistol will hold up better to the recoil?

rockyl686

I would go with the sig, as you shoot it very well in the first place :cool:

but fourm what I understand the p2000 is good to

being familiar with the sig may be better for you.

knowing your gun may make it easier to handel a new round.

allen268

I say stay with what your familiar with, your already used to the grip, trigger pull, controls ect.. of a Sig so if you've been happy with your 226 then id stick with it.

threegun

Take the advise to stay with the system of familiarity. If you do decide to change try the Glock 32. It beat the H&K in a guntest magazine comparison. Glock received their highest award. The H&K did perform well in all fairness.

ATW525

The .357 Sig relies on velocity, and you're likely to get better velocity out of the longer P226 barrel.

IZinterrogator

Okay, perhaps I should add a few notes. This is just something to round out the collection, not to carry or shoot defensively. I will just be worrying about its penetration and expansion through a paper target. I only care about which one is more comfortable, ergonomic, durable, and accurate.

stephen426

In my opinion, you would be hard pressed to find a
more comfortable, ergonomic, durable, and accurate
gun than the Sig P226. The balance is superb, the accuracy incredible, and durable to boot (especially since they adapted the stainless slides to the whole line up). Besides, reliability is their motto and from my experiance with their guns, I would have to say it is more than a marketing slogan.

I'm not saying that H&K does not makes great guns. The P2000 is more comparable with the P229 in size and would make a great carry gun. If your intended purpose is a range gun, the P226 should be more accurate due to the longer barrel and the longer sight radius. Besides, the Sig trigger in single action is hard to beat (except for tuned single action guns such as 1911s).

p99guy

Im about to go the same path the end of next week when I get my P229R DAK HSP out of layaway...allready have a factory .357Sig barrel on its way.
And have purchased both .40S&W and .357Sig ammo....going to be nice having two calibers in one pistol, without even having to use aternate magazines. This wont be my first .40 but will be my first use of the .357Sig loading.

tulsamal

I only care about which one is more comfortable, ergonomic, durable, and accurate.

That would be a Glock 35 with Jarvis barrel!

(Sorry, but that's my favorite .357 SIG! And the most fun to shoot.)

Gregg

FirearmFan

I'm glad you started this thread because I have been debating something similar. I currently own the P2000 in .40 and love it. I want to get a 357 sig pistol and have been trying to decide between the Sig 299 and another p2000.

I shot the P229 in 357 and found the muzzle flip to be more than my p2000 in .40. I figure the 226 should handle the .357 sig better because of the increase in size and weight.

With all of that said I might try the P2000. It just fits my hand better.

Good Luck.

threegun

Firearmfan, I bet your HK will last longer than the Sig in similar calibers. Glock proved that polymer pistols could handle hot cartridges such as the 10mm much better than all metal guns. I'm sure HK is equally as durable as Glock.

Muzzle flip will increase the higher the bore axis rises above the hand. The sigs axis is higher than the HK.

p99guy

Just as there is different power levels in .40S&W loads which effect how a given pistol handles, it is just as true of .357 sig. The P229 was the first SiG pistol specifically designed to take the wear and tear of the .40, and the .357sig as well. If you SiG P229 has the lightweight HOLLOW recoil spring guide that Homeland Security wanted (to keep down weight) it weighs about what (2 U.S. quarters) do....go with the solid tungsten rod that weighs 2.5 ounces(12 quarters/two nickles,1 dime in weight) you will see a definate difference in how it handles. The solid stainless rod SIG sells for $24.95 splits the difference

Jeepmark2005

I would have to say the Sig because you can simply purchase another barrel and you can shoot .40's as well.

I don't know if that applies to the H&K. I am not posting a vote because I don't honestly know very much about that model H&K although the USP's are tough as nails.

Ultimately up to you but both should be fine weapons. Be safe.