Wanted to share a Piebald button buck we got running around!

tynimiller

This little guy has been on our trail cams for some time now and I figured I'd share some pics with you guys. We've contacted every hunter we could think of in our hunting area to form a collective agreement to let him walk this year minimum. Some of them stated they'll try not to shoot him...hope they stay true on their word. He'd look awesome full body mounted (I don't have that kind a money though) so if he is still around in a year or two...I'd mount him for sure though on the wall.

Attachments

• SUNP0135.jpg
    SUNP0135.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 172
  • SUNP0168.jpg
    SUNP0168.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 137

Pahoo

They are pretty !!

Have only seen one other Piebald and he was in a protected park. They are beautiful when all grown up and smooth. Nice picture and hope he makes it for a few seasons. Full mount would be fantastic. ;)

Be Safe !!!

tynimiller

Dad hunted on the ground yesterday and had this little dude come within 10 feet of his ground blind. That would have been awesome to see...taking little flip cam with me incase he comes by me.

waterboy68

Ha! if I had seen that in the woods I would have thought someone lost a goat!!:D Looks just like a goat without any horns. LOL! Hope he makes it through the season!

Pahoo

It is what it is !!

why would anyone shoot a fawn?
Technically it's not a Fawn, but a Yearling and no matter, as he would have to be 4 or5 years for me to even consider shooting it. They are really neat to run into, I mean to see in the woods.. ;)

Be Safe !!!

tynimiller

Pahoo...no way hunters in the area would let him grow that old...which is why I'm probably just gonna let one of them shoot it next season and come see it. That way I don't eat a tag on a small buck and still get to see a rarity in our neck of the woods.

rantingredneck

About 5-6 years ago my father in law and I were walking back to the truck from the morning stand hunt when a piebald doe crossed the trail in front of us. She was HUGE and I have no idea how she'd made it that long with all that white on her. My FIL fired and missed (muzzleloader) and she was gone. About a half second later the buck (normal brown coloration) that was running with her stopped dead still in the trail and looked at us. That was his last mistake (My muzzleloader was still charged :D).

That was the only piebald deer I've ever seen in person and I've not seen another in that area since, though others have reported several. Possibly offspring of that big ol' doe we saw that day.

Shotgun693

Down in Brazoria County, Texas, close to Alvin there's a herd of white Whitetail Deer. And yes they are for sure WT Deer. My late F-I-L used to feed'm.