Wanted Info on the Sig 556 Holo Buy?

Tankcommander

I was in my favorite gun shop and I saw a Sig 556 Holo. Its 5.56 and really looks good. It has been modified to be New Jersey legal, solid stock and no flash suppessor but it still looks good. Asking price $1460. I may trade a Colt HBAR and a Mini-30 plus some cash. Is it worth it. I see a major plus in a piston operating system VS the M-16 style.

Thoughts?

I have not been happy with the Colt its very picky on ammo selection, lots of failures to extract. The Mini is fine but bought for cheap 7.62 ammo which has become a thing of the past.

TC

skeeter

The Sig 556 is an excellent rifle much better IMO than the Colt. Less parts to break, no extractor spring to upgrade, the piston system is an improved AK mechanism with all of its reliability but with AR or better accuracy. I say better because many of us have 1moa or less, partly due to its extremey fine 2 stage trigger and its 1:7 (better with 62 and up bullets) and cold hammer forged military grade barrel. The only thing I do not like is the heavy front hand guard which can easily be replaced by a Sig 551 hand guard. The Sig Holo sight is made in China and junk so if you can get it without the sight do so.
Look at the ww.sigforum.com for more info.
i was very surprised that after firing approx. 500 rounds the bolt carrier group and internals were as clean as when I started. The gas piston system will not clog like the AR or cook the springs with high temperature gas. I found mine has all the quality that goes with the SIG name- and is the best of the 223 rifles which includes the HK 93, FNC, Mini-14 and uses cheaper AR mags.
I do not see how you can be disappointed.I could suggest cheaper places to buy it for ( I paid $ 1199 with no sights and the Sig Halo is like "no sights") but Buchman Pawn and Guns in Dallas Texas may not have NY or NJ models.

Tankcommander

Thanks for the reply Skeeter. One of the reasons I'm interested in the current store is the fact he will accept my rifles in trade to cut down on what I have to lay out. The safe is full and like I said I'm not really happy with the Colt. I have to see how much he is willing to give me on the Colt and Mini-30. I like the idea of the Sig. I would hate to part with my service rifle but Iwant to be able to shoot without a double feed every other mag.

TC