Wanted a New Chrony....Bought an Old One

I was eyeing the Shooting Chrony Beta Model for a long time. Seemed to have all the features I want and more. Price has always seemed to be reasonable, especially at Midway. I kept him-hawing around until I stumbled upon an oldie but a goodie....I think.

A fella was selling an Oehler Model 33 for $55. This thing must be ooooolllllddd. He had the original instructions which were yellowed, but was all there. He made up a stand that can be broke down to a reasonable size for transport. It's in need of eventual repair/replacement, however it's functional for now. If anything, it will be a good blueprint when I build a new and improved one. He has an old briefcase that had eggcrate foam cutouts that he used for it's carrying case. That's even in good condition. The digital readouts reminded me of the old school digital readouts on the first handheld football games back in the '70's. There's no printer. At first I thought this was a setback. Thing is, I manually log all my reloading data and I don't think I'd like to deal with the cheesy printouts anyway. What I REALLY liked about it was it said "Made in USA" on the bottom.....SOLD!

Anyone else have an Oehler? Think this is going to be a keeper?

Dannyl

great choice

Hi,
I also bought an Oeheler recently
Before buying in shot sme reloads over it with my 3006 and the following day I chronographed some reloads of the same batch over the chrono at teh labs of SOMCHEM, the local powder manufacturers.
The readings were identical.

I therefore think that you got a good value for your money.

Brgds,

Danny