Want a wood birds head grip for 590.

Willie Lowman

Before any one asks "why" the answer is "because that's what I want"

Before anyone mentions law, the gun in question is registered with the ATF as a short barreled shotgun.

So, I have a 14" 590 that I want to put wood furniture on with a birds head grip for a "classic sawed off" look.

Something like this 870.
400px-Rem870WP.jpg

Does anyone know of somebody that makes a wood grip like that for the 590?

Nickel Plated

Don't think anyone really makes them in wood. Shockwave Technologies makes plastic one. But for wood, you either contact a stock maker to make you one like Petah implied, or make it yourself (not a hard thing to whittle out of wood so might as well) Or take astandard wood stock and lop it down to a birdshead grip

100_0763-edited-1.jpg

Firewire

You will love how easy on the arms they are to shoot. I had my 870 cut and shaped by a local guy for $70. Bought the blue set off ebay for about $100 (I think) because I wanted something different (plus it kept the original untouched).

12332145624_de43bbb418_c.jpg

dwaawd

Carpenters did mine. Sent him a pic of what I wanted and he did it. Very professional and a great guy to talk to. If you don't want to cut up ur original wood, just get a cheap used stock off ebay. If ur picky and want your stock and forend to match get a matching set and find some stain at Home Depot that will match the original pieces. Doug will also provide a plug cover for the bolt hole in the grip. Pics are my 1985 Defender.

100_0664.jpg

100_0711edit.jpg

100_1386.jpg

100_0810.jpg

1577pistolgripstockscombines41814_zps72589c80.jpg

Uncle Malice

The Shockwave one is really nice, even though it's not wood.

As has been mentioned, I don't know of anyone that makes wood ones dedicated, but you could maybe find a craftsman that does them through ebay or something similar.