Want a good pump........

Georgian

Hey yall. I am lookin into gettin me a good solid pump action one of these days, and been thinkin on either a Winchester Defender/Field Compact, Remington Youth/HD, or something of that sort. Need some of yall w/first hand experience to give me some info on these guns. I'd really appreciate it.

Shane916

I have a Mossberg 500 and like it. That really doesn't help with your choice though...but like most people I would recommend handling a Winchester/Remington/Mossberg. See which one fits you most comfortably and which one you like when it comes to the action release and where the safety is located...etc. All 3 are excellent choices and only a matter of personal opinion.

Casp_A

Mossbergs and Winchesters and Remmies are all good. I love my Remmy 870, but the one gun I like more is the Ithaca M37 and if you don't need a magnum chamber or a huge magazine capacity I'd highly recommend trying one out if you can find one.

'75Scout

I have 2 870s. The 1972 Wingmaster is top quality. The new 870 isn't as refined but functions flawlessly. 870s get my recommendation. Just don't buy a gun from Walmart.

95gtman

I like my 1300 alot. But I also would buy a Mossberg 590A1 and a Rem. 870P if I came a cross them and they were the right price. So basically any of them are good guns just pick what feels right with you.

9mmMike

As others have already said. Get the one that fits. Those are all fine well-proven shotguns that will likely serve you well.