Wanna see two pretty custom 1911's?

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
Colt MKIV and Springfield were base guns. The Springfield was built from a scrap frame and slide that a well-known smith butchered. The front strap was welded on and re-checkered. Gunsmith is Pete Single.

Unfortunately, he's not taking in any work. Just thought I'd share some beauties. Photos were taken this weekend.

coltmkIV.jpg

spring_colt2.jpg

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
Sights on the MKIV are just plain jane Bomars.

Pete's the guy that does the checkering for Larry Vickers, Mark Morris and a host of top knotch smiths. He's also a master welder and machinist. But above all else, a really and I mean REALLY nice guy I consider a friend.

jp27

I am considering putting together a custom .45 and was wondering what the best adjustable sites are for the 1911 style handgun.

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
Best adjustables by far are the Bomars. Second place is VERY distant.

If you want combat style sights, then MMC's.

BigG

Son, don't you know only a cheap pimp from a New Orleans whorehouse puts pearl handles on a revolver? Sorry, couldn't resist. Nice guns!

ahenry

Where is my towel? I gotta clean up all the drool. Those are some beautiful looking shootin' irons. Makes me want to go buy another 1911 (one can never have too many you know).

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
Ever see the American Handgunner issue that has Mark Morris's Entry Gun on the cover? Remember the knife in the picture? ;)

dynamic_entry2.jpg

dynamic_entry3.jpg

Old Crank

...."that a well know Smith Butchered"...

Gee thanks a lot, now all of us who have guns out for Custom Work can worry if we sent them to that .. "well know Smith"... :(

45Colt

Son ... please share the name

of the person who refinished that Colt. If it was just a polish job, then please tell us what was used. It's beautiful. TIA
Walt