Walther SP22 M1 ????

SpookBoy

any body seen/tried this new pistol?
its the Walther SP22 M1 .I'm assuming it came out to replace the p22.
It appears that to "cock"this weapon the tabs on the side of the slide are pulled back.Not liking that fact.
Here's the link and a pic.whatdoes everyone else think?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=84975042
pix1078856390.jpg

kristop64089

Saw one today...damn it's ugly.

It's not replacing the P22, but, supposed to be a "target/competition" model, according to the counter help.

ugly

BlkHawk73

That's a base model for the line which is intended to be a sort of entry level competition pistol. Walter who now owns hamerlli a high level competition manufacturer no doubt influenced these and their design. walther too has had a line at that level as well but have gone a bit un-noticed by those outside that shooting sport. Where as the P22 is more of a pop can plinker so long as it doesn't jam ;) these are more along the lines of the MKII and Buckmark models. I'll take a look at them but would go a bit further up the line than this one.

softmentor

Looks like they are trying to make something like what the Trailside was back when Sig owned Hammerli, a high end accuracy barrel with a low end price. I think I like the M2 or M3 from the looks but I really really wanna try one, but alas, not for sale in Californina.

SpookBoy

i'm just not appreciating the non movement of the slide , i mean come on how much harder would it be, to not use the little handles on the side of the slide(try that one three times fast)?In other words, I guess it kind of takes the fun out of it for me when the slide does not move, kind of like a c02 airgun.some are blowback but most are not.

rugerdude

Ugly, but I have to say I kinda like the cocking tabs. It's not that they're pretty, or particularly advantageous, but it's kinda neat, and I always like new designs.

I have a feeling that my Browning buckmark with it's 4" barrel is just as (if not more) accurate and costs 70 bucks less. I don't see this selling well.

allenomics

Does anyone like the look of this gun? It doesn't even appear to be part of the P22 family. It's space-age like...in a stun-gun sort of way.