Walther PPS

I just thought I would put up a few pictures and taut all the wonderful features of the Walther PPS.

First off, I really like the ergonomics. Even though it is a very thin single stack gun with a small grip, it still feels very solid in my grip. I can get all my fingers on it comfortably with the medium size mag (7rnd).

The sights are very easy to acquire. Those big white dots come right in line when I bring the gun up into position. Very easy to find when tracking side to side or up and down.

Extremely easy to conceal. With the combined small size, rounded edges, and light weight, it seems to disappear in my waistband. I use a thin kydex holster from FIST Inc.

COMPARED TO THE GLOCK 19
PROS
much thinner
shorter grip
overall smaller
lighter (fewer rounds)
more rounded edges
more accurate
cleaner trigger
better sights

CONS
much lower round count
unique mag release takes getting used to
more expensive and fewer accessories

2011-10-26_22-01-13_741.jpg

2011-10-26_22-01-20_532.jpg

2011-10-26_22-01-32_746.jpg

2011-10-26_22-01-49_681.jpg

2011-10-26_22-02-12_865.jpg

2011-10-26_22-02-23_147.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle Malice

I agree with most everything except:

more accurate

Perhaps it's more accurate in your hands... the excellent trigger, good sights, and full length rails certainly help with that. Mechanical accuracy, I'm sure, is pretty much identical.

But yes... I love my PPS as well. (I also love the Glock 19 and Glock 23 - they are my favorite models)

CWKahrFan

Well yeah... The PPS is a much smaller gun.
The new PPQ is more comparable... Slightly bigger than G19 but better IMHO.

I love the single-stack 9's. If you like the PPS $200-more-worth than a Kahr CW9 or a Ruger Lc9... Go for it. They're great!

If you're serious about stepping up to G19 size... Try a Walther PPQ before you buy... They're fabulous in the shooting!... my suggestion.

isn't the ppq a bit larger than the g19? i thought it was somewhere between the 19/17. in my opinion, anything bigger than the g19 is too big for comfortable iwb carry.

hivoltagefx4

isn't the ppq a bit larger than the g19? i thought it was somewhere between the 19/17. in my opinion, anything bigger than the g19 is too big for comfortable iwb carry.

Yes, I do believe the PPQ is just a bit bigger than the G19. My CCW is also a PPS. All around great gun. Perfect size and very easy to conceal. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck holster and my PPS is easily hidden when I wear my jeans. Love my PPS. Wish it did carry more rounds, but that is what practice is for. If you are a good shot, you don't need that many rounds. Still? I do carry a extra magazine with me (just in case) :D

with you on the extra mag! my 8rnd sits in my pocket. that brings me up to equal round count as my glock.

i had a buddy ask me once why i carried the extra mag. his argument was that i should at least be able to hurt a bad guy bad enough to get away with 7 rounds. i told him that it was his friends i was worried about. sure, 7 rounds should be enough to defend yourself against a single mugger or attacker on the street, but what about a group of guys who are just looking to pound on me and rape my girlfriend? sure, if they are unarmed, they will probably run after i fire the first shot, but if they are armed, i better be ready to finish the job. and god forbid i'm present for a terrorist attack or a shooting rampage? very unlikely i know, but i would feel pretty stupid if i were unprepared when it happened. i'm just waiting for a columbine-like situation to happen at a big church somewhere.

wow. soap box. went a little off topic there.

C0untZer0

Blocking out serial numbers

You can block out the serial number on your pics without ruining the aesthetics of the picture.

In your editor, copy a small portion of the slide close to where the serial numbers are, and just copy that over the serial numbers.

It will blend in with the rest of the slide better.

Carry_24/7

I pretty much agree with the OPs theme about the PPS.

I like everything about it, even the mag release is not a problem for me, it's a training issue. As for low round count...I grew up with the 1911 in .45 ACP, so that round-about round count is pretty much normal for me.

I did change the stock white dot sights to Meprolight Night Sights though.

The PPS is a nice weapon, especially for comfortable CC.

Honda4me

Love my PPS for all the reasons you mentioned. I also love my Glock 30 as well and carry it more in the winter.:D

shrewd

my roommate has a pps in 9mm. i chose a kahr cw9 as i wanted to have something different, and to be honest i kinda regret it.

the pps is a fantastic pistol

the reason i compared the two, is that many people think the glock 19 is an incredible choice for a carry gun. i just wanted to point out that there are other options for people who want a slightly smaller gun to carry. most smaller guns lose important advantages like a solid grip, good trigger, and inherently easy accuracy. the pps is an exception to that rule.

Coltman 77

I've had a 9mm PPS for about two years now. It's been outstanding in terms of reliability and accuracy with an assortment of fmj and jhp ammo.

I've put approximately 2,000 rds. through it with zero malfunctions so far.

Unlike many small pistols it's a pleasure to shoot for extended range sessions. Easy to take down and clean.

The PPS seems to be one of the most respected pistols at the various gun forums I visit. I've read few complaints and mostly glowing reviews by proud owners.

Walther truly hit a home run with this pistol.

It's a very fine handgun by any measure. :)

DSCN0002.jpg

LostinGermany

Big fan of my PPS. I carry mine IWB in a cheap Desantis holster. Still comfortable and concealable, waiting to have some cash for a nice holster.

+1 for the PPS

headbangerJD

shrewd

Why do you regret getting a CW9 over a PPS? I ask because I've owned a P40 in the past and loved it, but now find myself looking to buy either a PPS or a CW series Kahr.