Walther PPS Range Report

Tom B

I purchased the PPS 9mm several weeks ago and finally took it to the range. I shot several brands of 115 and 147gr FMJ and JHP ammo thru it. Approx 125rds at 15 yards. Not much to say - It ran perfectly with everything! I am a lefty so sometimes with other guns I take brass on the forehead. Not so with the Walther. Empties ejected off to the right very well. Accuracy was better than my Glock 19. As tight as this little gun is I expected a long break in period but it was perfect from round 1. I am impressed!

Rich Miranda

Tom, glad to hear good news on the PPS. I had considered it a few months ago but another gun came first. I'll have to move the PPS up higher on my shopping list!

Coltman 77

I've had a 9mm PPS for almost a year now and it's been very impressive.

Accurate and reliable.

Glad your new PPS is running well. :)

Graham88

congratulations!! They are Wonderful!!:D
standard.jpg

DasFriek

I may be the odd man in this group as my PPS 9 is used as a bug.I did have to make a back pocket cover which covers the top and distorts the print.
I bought my LNIB used and ive yet to have any issues.

Accuracy is on par with my full sized 1911,which is impressive.And for a smallish gun the recoil is more than manageable.
I do wish it was a bit cheaper as its such a great CCW gun id love to recommend it more,but the price turns people off before they even look at it.

I paid $500 used,but new it would be $650 too $700

jg0001

I, too, have a PPS in 9mm. You didn't mention if you bought the various magazine sizes. While the 6 round mag keeps everything nice & compact, just going to the 7 round gives my pinky somewhere to go and makes follow-up shots a lot easier (since I can control the snap better after a shot). The 8 rounder' is nice too, making the gun feel more like a full size, in the grip anyway.

cavediver27

PPS 9mm +++++

I've had my PPS 9mm for almost a year and it has been flawless. It is so easy to carry and totally reliable that it is my primary conceal carry pistol. I highly recommend them, they are great pistols.

zombieslayer

I shoulda bought one when they FIRST hit the gunshops. Originally, they came in a SWEET aluminum case AND came with all three magazines. My local gunshop sold the first one for $599. Now they cost more and come with less accessories?? I still have to have one (or two)

wpcexpert

I like my PPS .40. I did have that problem early on when the slide locked to the rear. I sent it in, less than a week later it was back and functioning perfectly. 400+ rounds thru it, no issues. I guess it was a problem in the earlier models.

It is my full time carry pistol. Thanks to a great suggestion from PBP, I got the Galco Stow and Go holster. fits perfectly.

Gott Mit Uns

PT709 for now...

But I want one BAD! I am planning to get the 9mm. The .40 caliber is just a stupid compromise load and it just muddies up the ballistics world. One bureaucracy decided on it under dubious pretenses. It's like I always say; too many cooks spoil the caliber broth!

i was interested in one of these until i found out that removal of the snap-on back strap is actually a safety that disables the gun. plus reading several reviews where it came off during firing. not good.

sixxgunnernick

Walther?

I had a p22 and the slide locked up..sent it back.. after they fixed many things it did it again. I called S&W and whomever I spoke to was very mean and rude. Thats how they make guns in Germany he said..thank god the owner of the gun store gave me a store credit. I like the nine..feels good but I talk bad about S&W and Walther after that. If you don't back up your product or the ones you distribute what do you expect your customers to back them up.:barf: