Walther PPS-M2 reasembly question

keithdog

I just purchased a new Walther PPS-M2 and have a question regarding reassembly of the gun after cleaning. I've seen many videos on YouTube and I see differing instructions regarding reassembling the slide. Some videos simply guide the slide back onto the rails and rack it back into position. Some videos say you must pull the trigger forward before reinstalling the slide, and other videos say you need to pull the trigger before reinstalling the slide. Not wanting to cause damage to my new gun, is there someone who owns a PPS-M2 who can give me the correct method for reinstalling the slide?

keithdog

sigarms, that's the video from Walther which would be pretty clear. Which makes me wonder why so many videos that keep showing an extra step in reinstalling the slide. Even in the Hickok45 video, he warns potential buyers of the gun to pull the trigger forward before reinstalling the slide.

TunnelRat

Not everything you watch on YouTube is going to be exactly correct, even if it does work. This is true even of the larger channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sigarms228

sigarms, that's the video from Walther which would be pretty clear. Which makes me wonder why so many videos that keep showing an extra step in reinstalling the slide. Even in the Hickok45 video, he warns potential buyers of the gun to pull the trigger forward before reinstalling the slide.

So what happens when you try to put the slide back on without pulling the trigger like in the Walther video? I have found that sometimes you may need to push the slide down a bit while on the frame rails/to get on the frame rails to get it to go all the way forward but I have never had to pull the trigger to get it to go on. I have also found Walther Support helpful if you have any questions and they have been prompt answering my email.

http://www.waltherarms.com/customer-support/