Walther PPKL in 22LR For$600?

Ronin 99

Never knew this gun existed (lightweight model) in 22LR. It's about 95% and the grips say Made in Germany. Interesting little gun but is it worth $600? Anybody know?
Ronin

Oris

As a shooting device, it is worth may be $100, my be
$120. As a collector's item, it's probably more. How much more depends upon rarity. $600 is probably some kind of
wild guess on the part of the seller.

johnwill

The PPK lightweight in .22LR is probably not a sufficient description, you'd also have to evaluate the proof marks to establish a value. With that said, from referring to the Blue Book, $600 seems to be a reasonable price if it's actuall in 95% or better condition. Of course, the Blue Book has never purchased any guns, so it's only worth what someone will pay for it...

Jeff OTMG

As a collector yes. As a shooter, probably not. If you want to carry it look for a PPK/L in .32 ACP and it will be cheaper since it is more common. For a lightweight .22 look for a German made TPH, MUCH smaller than a PPK, about $650-$700 for close to NIB.

Strayhorn

Two factors at work here:

Walthers have been increasing in price over the last few years for a number of reasons. Wartime P-38s, which routinely sold for $100 when I was younger, now run $500-$600 for good examples. Walther just isn't a big company and the US was never a major market for them.

German-made PPKs are more "desirable" for collectors, the .22 models are very rare, and the alloy-framed models even rarer. The cheapest I've seen a .22 model in the past year was $500, and it lasted less than two weeks at the dealer. It was a steel-framed model, too.

If you just want a nice .22, there are better alternatives. If you collect Walthers, then $600 is about average, from what I've seen.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC