Walther PP 7.65

Firepower!

I just bought a Walther PP 7.65 Made in France in mint condition.

I have been thinking about a .32 for quite some time but there were not many decent options. I came across this minit condition Walther yesterday and immediately I purchased it.

Does anyone else has it? What are your experiences and thoughts on this?

farnorthdan

I have a number of Walther's and like them all. The older German manufactured ones are the best in my opinion, of course they are getting harder to find in good condition. I like the PP myself, mainly because its not as snappy and the PPK in .380.

The PP I have is a German made model and its in nice shape except the safety toggle has recently broken and needs to be sent in for repair. I will be sending it in to Earls Repair Service soon. This is the go to guy for Walther repairs.

What did you pay for your PP and lets see a picture....

DS

PzGren

I used to collect Walthers for some time but sold most of when my interest in guns changed, I have only two .22 PPs, a P88, and a P1 left.

I have never seen a real difference in quality in between the licensed French MH and the German post war Ulm manufacture. Earlier MH sometimes have inferior springs but that is a quick fix.

The only quality difference that I noticed is on early pre-war commercial Walthers, I have a 90 degree safety Zella-Mehlis that is nicer than all post war Walthers that I had the pleasure to handle.

My .32 PP MH was extremely accurate at a high price; with WW Silvertips I could shoot it almost as accurately as my Walther GSP.

Pilot

I have a Wather PP in 7.65. My Dad brought it back from WWII. I don't like the ergos on the gun and while I think they are well made, I just don't enjoy shooting it.

Tom2

I have owned a wartime production and a postwar "1001" coded PP.The bites on the hand are the only aspect of the PP that really bothers me. But it might depend on the size of your hand. Absolutely has some collectable value besides maybe a fun shooter. But recently the cheap .32 has gotten a bit high and that sort of takes a little fun out of it. You don't reload .32 do you? Have not seen many or any at the recent shows though. I guess I should have gone for one of the MH pistols a few years ago when they were importing them and picked a cherry one. Lot of them seem to have excessive finish wear. Can't find decent little .32s at the gunshows now. Just collectable Colts .32s and they are priced in the stratosphere.

denfoote

Good gun!!!

I've had one for years!!

FrenchPP.jpg

PSP

I enjoy shooting my Walther PP .32acp. it fits my hand well. This one is a trade in from the Lower Saxony Police, having the Nds mark and a intact lanyard loop. It was well cared for with a couple small finish flaws, but shoots like a dream. Very accurate, although the sights challenge my old eyes. I added these wood grips for looks, though I prefer the original or Pachmyer rubber grips for shooting. I picked this one up for $375 and I think that was a fair price.

PP.jpg