Walther P99 Question

Rockrivr1

I was out yesterday puttering between gun stores and came across two Walther P99s. One was in 9mm and the other in 40 S&W and both had the Walther Green molding. These weapons were unfired but considers used as they were part of a trade show.

I know some of you are fans of the Walther so I'm wondering what you would consider a good price for the guns I described above?

Also, is there anything I should look for when examining these guns that are specific to Walthers?

The place I found them had just received them. The person I talked to at the store indicated they would be putting them out for sale next week so they weren't priced yet.

While used and unfired seems wierd to me, I have been looking for a 9mm to take to the range. This just might fit the bill depending on what you all think.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
Troy

lunde

Especially for the .40 Auto one, be sure that the slide (on the right side, behind the serrations), frame (on the right side, by the accessory rail), and barrel (the exposed portion through the ejection port) bear the "eagle over N" proofmark. Considering their NIB prices, $450 seems to be a fair price. Anything more, just get NIB. Very nice pistol.

JMC

Rockrivr1,

By clicking on the link below to my web site, you just may find some answers to your P99 questions.

I have to agree with lunde, $450 for a "technically used" but NIB P99 is a fair price. ;)

Rockrivr1

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Nice web site JMC.

I'll keep you posted if I pick it up. Been looking for a partner for my Sig 229. I have the 40S&W and 357 Sig barrels for it so now I'm looking for a 9mm. Wouldn't mind a Sig 226 but it comes with a very high price tag. I've been eying the Walthers for a bit now and if the price is right, it will have a new home by the weekend.

Thanks again.

adept

rockrvr1, where in PRoMA are you? i have a p99 in 9mm and might be able to be convinced to take you to a range with it.

Adept

Rockrivr1

Thanks Adept for the offer. I appreciate it. I actually went to the Smith & Wesson Range in Springfield and rented a P99 to see how it shot. The ones for sale have the military camoflage green molding on it. The one I tested was all black. I'm figuring the gun setup must pretty much be the same, unless I'm completely wrong.

I liked it and it felt good in my hand. The first shot had that wierd trigger thing going on. I guess you get used to that.

I called today and the place wants $475 for the 9mm. Going bye the prices on this list I'm thinking it's a good price.

I'm gonna go look at them today. One might have a new home before it knows it.

Thanks again for the information and the offer.

Troy

thequickad

FFL price on the P99 are as follows:

P99 9mm or 40 SW 4" blue $439.95
P99QPQ 9mm or 40 SW 4" blue w/silver slide $439.95
P99 Military 9mm or 40SW 4" blue $439.95

add transfer fee of about $25 and shipping then come to your own conclusion.

these are NIB gun prices. :D