Walther P99 .45ACP

C Philip

That is a Smith and Wesson 99. It is not a Walther P99, which is only available in 9mm and .40SW. The SW99 is a clone of the P99. The P99 is generally considered to be of superior quality. The labeling on that gunbroker ad is deceptive, and is just meant to catch people searching for Walther P99's since the Smith and Wesson 99 is a clone of it.

I know what you Ragwd.
I thought the same thing when I saw the ad.

Thanks for the clarification guys. I figured ShipWreck would chime in. Anytime Walther is mentioned he gets a little weak in the knees and sings their praises.:D

Shipwreck you're part of the reason I'm going to get a Walther P99. It was between a Storm or a P99, you along with others pointed me towards the P99. Thanks. Now I just need to pull the trigger and get one.

Oh well, I guess I'm still on the path to getting a P99 9mm.:D

Jim Watson

Ve don't get many orders for .45 in Chermany, and ferlinschlugger Amerikaner polezei won't buy big orders of Walthers.

ragwd

I hope you like your p99 as much as i did mine, just be aware of the difference in triggers....qa.....as. they are quite different. mine was a qa that most people didnt like but i thought it was a long first pull but not excessive.

Thanks SW.
I'm going to have buy one soon, so I'll have something to shoot when I send my SA 1911 to SA for a FTE fix. I also might have them do some other things. So I will be out of a gun for a little while. I can't be sleeping at night with no firearm, now can I?:D