Walther P22 - Anyone shot one yet? Does it share some parts with P99??

Saw the P22, can't believe how cheap it is compared to its big brother P99. They virtually look the same, so I wonder if P22 has the same quality as P99. Thanks for any info.

FDG_1011121363_Walther_P22.jpg

Jeff OTMG

I have shot mine. If you do a search you will find many of us who have. The pistol is cheaper because it is MUCH more simple and only 75% the size of a P99. It is a blowback while the larger P99 is a delayed blowback design using a locked breech. The materials in the P99 are also much stronger to contain the higher pressures.

P99

Same quality? Yes.
Same components? No, except the frame is polymer and the slide is tenifer coated.

I really like mine. The DA trigger isn't all that great, but the SA is sweet. Mine really likes the higher velocity ammo. I've had some problems with the cheaper stuff.

P99

Lowrangerider

Accuracy?

I am looking to get a 22lr for target/plinking would this gun be accurate enough to do some target shooting in a league?

trapshooter

Still haven't gotten mine hot yet, but the others here who have seem to think they are plenty accurate. Not without some other minor problems (reports of pickiness abt ammo, loose roll pins, etc). But hey, for under $300 bucks, I think it's a deal. I'll put up a shooting report if I ever get the dang chance!

oneshot1251

I've had my P22 since Christmas and I had two FTF's with the first magazine full. The ammo was some Federal out of one of those big ass Walmart boxes of ammo (1000rds of something). The box had been sitting in my basement for about 5 years, half empty. (Hey it was Christmas day I had to use something)

After the first mag it has been clear sailing. I did go to Wally World the next day and get all the CCI Stingers they had. They shoot cleaner and knock the piss out of most small forest creatures. Accuracy is as excellent as you can shoot...........

Use the finger mag and leave the other one in the box. Then buy more finger mags!!! Carls Repair Service was quick with mine.

I have a P99QA also and the P22 seems to have been made with the same attention to detail as the P99 series.

As far as interchangeable parts. I purchased identical fiber optic front sights from Walther-USA (S&W) for both pistols. Definitely brightens the sight picture in the daylight.

By the way Walther-USA sucks !!!! I called and ordered the sights on Dec. 27 and paid extra for 2-day Fed Ex service. I called Jan 2 to find some info on the order and was told it had shipped out that day. I reminded them about paying extra for 2 day service and was refunded the extra shipping cost. I never could get a straight answer about the delay. As a matter of fact the cust. service rep had to put me on hold to make sure that they were even selling fiber optic sights.

I hope whatever contract or deal Walther has with S&W is going to end soon. Because I do not want to have to deal with those knuckleheads on a warranty issue. If it doesn't my next pistol will not be a Walther.................unless its a P99 .45 oooohh baby can you imagine a 10 rd Walther .45 I gotta stop I'm drooling on my keyboard...............