Walther just brought back the paddle release on a new gun?!

BornFighting88

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Can't let you sit there and bash Walther, friend!! Hahah. I am drooling all over the place over the return of the flappy paddle mag release. Got a P99 and had an M1 (Classic) PPS with the flappy paddles. Love love loved it for the paddles, but the trigger bit me every time I touched it off.

Nothing wrong with the PPQ grip texture, in my book, but to each their own.

Siggy-06

I actually like the Euro paddle release, ever since I bought my USP 9+ years ago. However, I don't think I want both on the same gun. Give me one or the other, or M1 and the other.;)

BornFighting88

I like the way you put that… The M1 and the other. I loved not having to shift my grip to drop a box. I could slap a new mag home, drop the slide and be back on target without ever losing my sight picture!! I am very glad they did this!

sigarms228

Looks like the result of some genius designer at the Umarex factory. I think having both is kind of silly and would not expect to see any center fire pistol from the Ulm factory doing such. Walther had stated on Walther Forum in the past that the M2 PPQ was outselling the M1 PPQ by a factor of about ten to one when asked by forum members why they switched to button magazine release.

wild cat mccane

If not understood, I too like the paddle release. The problem is, if you like the paddle, you may have the opinion that the button has a higher chance of accidentally dropping a mag. Both options in one is stupid.

I think I'm gathering this isn't from the ulm factory. So it's chunky monkey from the other side of the house.

BourbonCowboy

I really like the paddles as well. In fact, I won't buy a semiautomatic pistol that doesn't have them. I wanted to go with a Walther when I was looking for an ambi pistol, but they became increasingly difficult to find...so I went with HK.

I've been considering a 22LR pistol. Right now, the only one's I'm considering are the Sig P322 and the Kel Tec P17. I might have to add this one to the list.