Walther G22

xrageofangelsx

I went ot the local gun show in the greater Cincinnati area. They had several (three) models of the base G22 w/o laser scope for 309 dollar plus tax. This is a good deal, but does anyone else have this rifle? I'd like to know because I wouldn't mind having one if they are quality. If they aren't, I'll pass though. Your thoughts?

deadin

I've had one for about a year. ($309 is an excellent price). It is a fun gun and quite accurate with a scope. Mine gave me some problems right out of the box, (FTF's and FTE's) However, after a good cleaning, lube-job and a couple hundred rounds of break-in it has been problem free.
The two strangest things I can think of is it feels butt heavy and the trigger pull is strange. I would call it a "long" single-stage. You start your pull and it seems to go on forever. At some point, it goes off. (Takes a little to get used to.)
One other thing. To do a decent action cleaning (after all, .22 is dirty) you have to pull the works out of the stock. When you do this, be careful, there are two little springs that will fall out. One is for the ejector and the other is part of the magazine safety. (Also pay attention to how the trigger linkage rod is assembled). It helps to have three hands when reassembling.

Dean