Walther CCP Part 3, shooting nails

WildBill45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aFtFZ45Vac

We went back to the range this Friday, and took both our CCPs so I could sort out this little 'baby' Walther. Unlike the first two parts, which were mostly deliberate and slow shooting at ranges from 7 to 200 yards, this short film is about other tests to torture this compact, concealed Carry Pistol. We have shot around 250 rounds through each and they have went beyond the call of duty...

What a blast it was going two-handed with a CCP in each hand!

Evil Monkey

Cool video.

Can you do us a favor? Can you shoot some of that wal mart aluminum cased 9mm ammo through your ccp and see if they work?

I understand that aluminum cased ammo is not a good idea in blowback pistol due to extreme case sticking and thus, sluggish cycling of the bolt/slide.

But what about gas delayed systems? I assume aluminum cased ammo will work well due to the delaying of the breech opening, to allow the casing time to contract. But we wont know until the video. :D

Sigowner

Now we understand the old adage.....hitting the nail on the head! Nice shooting and now I'm wondering if you have 2 CCP's and must purchase a new one for your wife!!:)

Just picked up my wife's CCP from the gunsmith who polished the trigger mechanism and turned it from a "gritty" pull to one that is very smooth all the way to release. He test fired it (of course) and felt that the recoil is reduced compared to most but the barrel rise appeared very similar to most (similar semi's).

What's next?

Guys, how easy is it to pull the slide back? I'm looking for women who have no upper body strength (or arthritic hands).