Walther CCP M2...

Thinking seriously about getting one. I handled a first gen the other day at a gunshop. LOVED how it fit my hand, didn't love the recall or the required tool to take it down.

Anyone have one?

Yes, I know it's made by Umarex for Walther.

Bud's has them on sale for $291 right now, which is nothing short of incredible considering that the MSRP is closer to $500.

stinkeypete

Get back soon- the gas delayed blowback... how can that not be accurate?

I am sorta partial to blowback designs these days and that one has my attention too

Same style delayed blowback system as my P7.

And no, no takedown tool required.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JDBerg

I had a chance to shoot one of these a while back and I was impressed with the accuracy and the way it handled. Another great shooting Walther subcompact pistol, in addition to my own PPS-M2. I’d be interested in seeing a range report in this one.

RickB

I had a CCP for a brief test, about two years ago, don't know if it was a M2?
I very much liked the feel of it; the grip is very well shaped and proportioned.

The delayed blow-back system allows for a light recoil spring, which might be just the ticket for someone with arthritis or other gripping issues.

Because the trigger is fairly light and short, I wouldn't holster or otherwise carry it without engaging the manual safety, but, because the safety shaft does not pass through the far side of the frame, there's no chance for an ambi or reversible, lefty-only safety.

I did have one instance of the mag dropping mid-string, but with a small, 50rd sample size, wouldn't want to jump to conclusions about the cause; may have been operator error.

Piranha451

I recently got one with the Viridian red laser sight included. I really like the way it feels in my hand, but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I did a weight comparison and fully loaded w/the laser it weighs 1 ounce more than a fully loaded PPK/s.

Not much in the way of holsters available for the M2 CCP yet. I think I'll hit up a local gun show and see if one of the custom holster makers can make me a high ride thumb break for it.

30 rounds and it's completely dead. Striker is jammed all the way back. I can't disassemble it.

Unbelievable.

wbbh

My wife had one, it shot well, very easy to hit with for myself as well as my wife.

We had the same lockup problem. The end of the striker spring broke off and jammed the pistol. I could feel that something was jamming the slide. I got it open by putting rearward pressure on the slide while (gently) tapping the slide with a soft plastic hammer.

It was sensitive to FTF if not being held tightly/limp writing so I sent it back to Walther. They replaced the spring and said the gas piston needed to be cleaned (???). It didn't solve the occasional FTF and my wife no longer wanted to carry a gun that failed here so soon. She has no problem shooting a Ruger LC9s or her Glock 43, her favorite.

This is a pic of what's going on with my Walther.

The red thing on the right is the cocking indicator.

It's sitting in the locking block.

The spring? It shouldn't be compressed like that. The reason it is is because I'm pretty sure that the striker, that silvery thing to the left of it, has broken through the firing pin drop safety in the slide and it's now jammed fully to the rear where it shouldn't be.

Before I realized what was going on I tried to disassemble the slide, and that's what I saw when the locking block popped out.

But... I can't get the locking block back into place.

This is, as far as I'm concerned, a catastrophic failure for a gun that I was hoping to make my new CCW piece.

I'm going to get in touch with Walther. They have a pretty good warranty rep, but the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that I don't really want to carry this gun now. Fewer than 30 rounds for a catastrophic failure that completely disables the gun?

I think I'm just going to ask for my money back and and I'm going to buy a Ruger.

414238958.jpg

Message I just sent to Walther customer service:

"Brand new, and very dead, Walther CCP M2

On Saturday June 16 I took possession of my new Walther CCP M2, purchased from Bud's Gun Shop.

Saturday evening I went to the NRA Range to run it through its paces. Within 30 rounds of 115-gr. Winchester White Box 9mm ammo my new CCP suffered what appears to be a critical mechanical failure that has completely disabled it.

The gun fired normally, then on the next attempted shot nothing happened. I noticed that the cocking indicator was sticking out of the rear of the locking block a LOT farther than it seemed it should be. I attempted to remove the slide. The locking block popped free but I cannot get the slide off, nor can I get the locking block to return to its seated and locked position. Please see the attached picture.

It appears that the striker has somehow been pushed farther back that it should and is now jammed, rendering the gun completely non function.

Needless to say I'm extremely unhappy. I purchased this gun with the intention of it becoming my primary CCW to replace the revolvers that I have carried for over 30 years. Now I sincerely doubt if I will ever trust a CCP enough to considering carrying one."

stinkeypete

Thanks, Mike and thanks for taking the pain for us.

We've talked about reviewers that we like or trust- some of the fellas on this board I trust as much as fellas I see face to face at our private range. Mike's got nothing but an arms-length interest in giving a true report about the CCP M2.

I was interested in this pistol because of it's gas delayed blowback design. With a fixed barrel, one would have to screw up very aggressively to make an inaccurate pistol. Well, Mission accomplished- Catastrophic failure was NOT expected from a Walther!

That striker failure, brand new out of the box, has killed any interest I have in this model.

While I don't carry- that's the sort of failure that one can not fix at home. It's catastrophic. Guns (for me) are a fun hobby and that gun has just turned in to a no-fun hassle.

Please let us know how Walther handles your situation. To my mind, they could surpass Ruger for outstanding customer service but guns (for me) are sporting goods items that should last 100 years or more for enjoyment. Now it's a hassle.

I doubt that anything practical would induce me to buy that model now. How customer service handles your claim will impact my opinion of Walther forever.

It's really a shame- only a letter from a Walther engineer with analysis and description of the fix would even potentially induce me to give it a try.

Maybe this is why Buds was clearing them out?