Walnut grips on my Blackhawk

tomh1426

I just got these yesturday and wanted to show them off a little.
DSCF3073.jpg

pvtschultz made the grips, hears some pics he sent me.
mygrips.jpg

finish2.jpg

finished.jpg

The gun feels 100% better in my hand, much better than the plastic grips it came with.

tomh1426

I am kinda used to seein that little bird their, but I think Ill keep these the way they are.

Socrates, thats a nice gun with some really nice grips!

I was gunna order cowboy pannels from Hogue but I had to wait a few days for $, found this guy while I was waitin.
I never bothered lookin into having someone make me grips, I figured it would be to expensive, glad I was wrong!

bigautomatic

Tomh- very nice. Huge improvement from the stock grips, I'm sure.
Socrates- Also very nice. Looking at the pics, the left panel looks to have a scratch or a crack at the screw. Hopefully just a scratch?.

eastwa

Did you have to send the frame off to have the grips fitted? They look great.

I picked this up several months ago via the web. Come to find out, the grips were provided by some guy named Roy Fishpaw. Dated and numbered to the Clements 45 colt.

left.jpg

tomh1426

I did not send him my grip frame but they are a perfect fit.
This is from his e-bay store.
"About The Fit:

Every Ruger grip frame is hand finished much the same way that each of my grip panels has been hand finished. This results in no two Ruger grip frames being exactly alike. Every grip that I make was created to have a near perfect fit on my own personal New Model Blackhawk, unfortunately, yours will probably be different. This is part of the reason that I use Tru-Oil wood finish to create that high gloss finish on each of my grip panels. If your grips do not fit your revolver as perfectly as you like, all you have to do is sand down the areas that don't fit well and recoat the bare wood with Tru-Oil which is available at most sporting goods stores (even Wal-Mart). Or ship them back to me with a picture (or email picture) of the offending spot and I'll touch it up for you!"

Im sure you could send him your grip frame to have them fitted to your specific frame, He's a great guy to do buisness with.

Socrates

I didn't see the crack in mine. New owner fixed it with epoxy, but, considering custom grips by Huntington are 300 bucks, and, these just sort of appeared on my gun, and turned it from unshootable to a dream to shoot, I wouldn't have complained even if I'd noticed the crack. 60 bucks is one heck of a deal for custom grips...Congratulations...