Walmart: Guns on layaway

Stuohn

Was in Walmart yesterday buying ammo when the clerk informed me that they are accepting guns on layaway. Just thought Id share the info for anyone interested.

Last edited:

Justice06RR

I thought about that too, if they do layaway on firearms. Although i'm not one to really buy guns at WallyWorld, but its good to have the option.

CajunBass

I buy a lot of guns on layaway. Not necessarly at Wal-Mart, but it's nice to know they have that as an option again.

I'm old enough to remember when people used layaway instead of credit cards. My mother had a bin at Sears with her name on it. :D

Stressfire

Hunting season must be upon us, my WallyWorld is fully stocked with front-stuffers, it's all they sell besides ammo and camo

I'm asking this seriously, not to be a pedant, not to embarass you, or anything like that, but I'm not sure you've said what you meant to say...

You said "they are excepting guns on layaway..."

While the above construction is somewhat colloquial in how the word except is used, to "except something" means to remove it, to exclude it, to disallow it.

Essentially, your sentence as written means that guns cannot be put on layaway at WalMart.

The other possible word, and the one I THINK you wanted to use, is accept. That would mean that you CAN put a gun on layaway at WalMart.

Could you clarify, please?

Patriot86

I was in Walmart last weekend they have layaway signs EVERYWHERE already. Too bad my local walmart does not sell guns.

Stuohn

OK I fixed it and yes I meant to type accept not except, Thank You for the heads up Mike.

As far as the time frame & money down I do not know.

rickyjames

i just purchased a dpms 223 from walmart today. they were well stocked and had a bunch of black rifles. although i didn;t use it,i like layaway.

ScottRiqui

My local Wal-Mart sells ammo and some cheap Chinese scopes, but that's about it as far as gun-related stuff goes (no cleaning kits, targets, accessories or anything like that.) There aren't many gun shops in the Norfolk area, so I'm a little jealous of all of you who have Wal-Marts that stock guns, reloading supplies, etc.

Navy joe

I miss layaway. As for guns, I had one on layaway once at a military exchange. Thank god I needed the money so I cancelled, at that time I was drinking the premium priced steyr scout koolaid.

patron1974

Went to walmart today hoping to put a Windham Weaponry WW15 on layaway..well they have one left but the cashier said they required 50% for:mad: layaway. Anyone else here know anything on the matter? Thanks.

Drudge

No weapons sold at any Walmarts around here even the ammo is scarce and the pricing for it is ridiculous :mad:

rebs

The ad in our Sunday news paper from walmart has all kinds of guns in it, but none of our local walmart sells guns. Whats with the ad's ?

mete

They're torn between being anti-gun and making money !!;)
In the end of course making money will win and finally all the stores will sell guns.:p

jimpeel

The layaway policy is the same as last year for Christmas. Firearms were also able to be laid away last year.

The minimum down is $10 or 10%, whichever is greater, plus $5 and all items to be laid away have to be more than $15. Items may be added or deleted from any layaway package or the package can be canceled. You lose the $5. If you pay the layaway in full you get the $5 on a store credit shopping card.

This year we are able to take the final payment at any register whereas last year the final payment had to be tendered at the layaway desk. We already have several layaway firearms in the vault at my store.

Details: http://www.walmart.com/cp/Layaway/1...y&redirect_query=layaway&search_redirect=true

Last edited: