WallyWorld is not the only source for ammo

chupps

I often read threads related to the shortage of ammo and they seem to be dominated by references to what their local wal-mart does not have. I visit my local wal-mart once every couple of weeks and only once in the last few months did they have .38 ammo (3 boxes of 100). I left them for the hoarders.

If you can't find ammo you aren't trying hard enough. Even thought Wal-Mart offers some of the best pricing for ammo, Wal-Mart is not the only source for ammo.

I buy alot of .38, .38 +P, .357, and 9x18 and have no problem finding them. One of my best sources is my local Cabela's. I also find this ammo in several of my local gun shops. There are also multiple sources online. I buy alot from sportsmansguide.com. I recently purchased ammo from ammunitiontogo.com. at very competive pricing. Nothing matches prices at wal-mart, but the selection and availability is there.

I suggest that if you can't find ammo get three things:

- a mailing address
- a credit card
- internet access (librarys have it for free)

Good luck.

Casimer

I'd wondered about all of the Walmart threads as well. But I suspect that the people who are concerned about what Walmart is currently stocking live somewhere where it's their only option. Having ammo shipped can be pricey.

The funny thing is the the Walmart nearest to where I live has a decent supply of ammo. I'll occasionally buy 9mm or 45 ACP WWB there for plinking. And this Walmart is in the vicinity of three gun shops that stock ammo as well. So there's no ammo shortage where I live. But there's a shortage of reloading supplies, which is more of a nuisance for me.

Croz

Of course WalMart is not the only place for ammo, but it is the most affordable. If it's in stock, I can buy 1000 rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm, for 189 out the door. That's hard to touch, even buying online.

For those of us on limited budgets, the more rounds we can buy cheaply, the more we can shoot.

troy_mclure

i have lived in several places where wallyworld is the only sporting goods store within 2 hrs driving.

why drive 4hrs, pay more, and get less shooting time?

i have an academy, 2 wallyworlds, and 3 local gun shops within 30mins.
the gunshops are dry on pistol ammo, and reloading stuff. the wallyworlds might have a brick or two of .22, and some .300rum.
the academy gets regular shipments, but if you arent there within a few hrs of stocking its gone, especialy pistol ammo.

i made the 3hr trip to the bass pro, and cabala's, to find they were both wiped on everything but overpriced exotic ammo.

22-rimfire

Lots of Walmats in my area. There are at least 10 superstores within 30 miles of me. I was at one yesterday spending money and they were essentially out of ammo except for some Remington subsonic 22 ammo, some 17HMR, and selected hunting rifle calibers of centerfire ammo.

I appreciate Walmart for what it is. I do buy ammunition elsewhere as Walmart is not known for much of a selection of handgun ammo other than white box or the equivalent fodder.

Last edited: