Walker's Game ear

Rodmann

Does anyone have any experience with the Walker Game ear lineup? http://www.walkersgameear.com/ I currently use Peltor Tac 7 muffs but they get in the way when shooting my rifles. I'd like to find something that works as well as the Peltors, yet are small and allow a good cheek weld with my long guns.

Spectre

Staff Alumnus
I'm bringing this back up because I want to protect my hearing while in the Army.

Plugs are won while on the range, but not during exercises. I believe these will be small enough to wear under my helmet. Can anyone give some feedback on these, as well as any preferred suppliers?

Thanks!

Good Guy

I use a pair of Walker Game Ears when hunting and they work fine but the battery life is relatively short, like maybe 3 or 4 hours between battery changes. Mine are about 5 or 6 years old so maybe Walker has improved them.

You can wear a hat and glasses while using them and there's obviously no interference with cheek weld. But for range use or lots of shooting they don't offer the same level of protection as standard plugs and/or muffs.