Wal-Mart Winchester 70 range results

PTS1

This is a continuation of the post "winchester model 70". I made it out to the range with a box of 150 gr. corelockts and a friend's hand loads. As you can see in the pic, the handloads are the ones under the arc. My friend measured it to .678". This was shot after 5 shots to get it on target and a 3 shot group of corelockts which you can see to the left. That measured 1.8" and I know I jerked that last one. The rifle must have a 10lb trigger! Anyway we called it a day and I couldn't have been happier. Then when I started cleaning it, I realized the scope base had come loose. I wonder if that could have caused that flyer. I also went on the net and found instruction on adjusting the trigger, which I did. Now it feels like 3-4 lbs. and I did test it to make sure the trigger isn't too light. Hope these changes make a difference. And by the way, the vx3 is on order along with rings....

Attachments

• HPIM0576.JPG
    HPIM0576.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 175

joshua

Great shooting, you got a good rifle. I wonder if Walmart can order one for me in a WSM chambering. Let us know how your second trip goes. josh

Bigfatts

My Wal-Marts still have a few WSM guns. That's where I bought mine in .300WSM. Right out of the box I mounted a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 on it and it shot 3 shot groups at 100yds that you could just tell were clovers and not one holes. Kinda regret selling it now...

prime8

congrats

I bought mine at a gun show for 425. Its a late 80's, early 90,s, was never fired. came w/ simmons 3-9x40. The scope went on my 22 mag, but that rifle outshoots most anything. It groups like a MUCH more expensive rifle. 26" barrel, synthetic stock. Not pretty, but It does its job well! Good luck........:D

joshua

Come to think about it, when I visited the Vallejo, California Walmart I don't remember seeing that turning glass display for rifles and shotguns. They didn't have any ammo aout of the display case. Hmmm.... is our society really going that bad in the state of California? Back to the subject.

This model 70 is one of the blackshadow models, right?

josh

Yithian

LOL Stop by my Walmart and I will sell you either a 7mmWSM or a 300WSM. Scope'd
$325.00 plus tax, walks you out the door.

Very serious.

Heck, Vanguard's at $350.00. No scope
Remington 700's at $350.00. No scope
Remington 710's at $250.00. Scope'd

They move quickly tho, so I dont know what we calibers have left in stock.

I ordered a Howa 1500 in 308WIN with bull barrel and Hogue stock. It's less than $500.00.
Sweet gun. I wanna go in debt so I can buy it.

joshua

LOL Stop by my Walmart and I will sell you either a 7mmWSM or a 300WSM. Scope'd
$325.00 plus tax, walks you out the door.

Very serious.

Heck, Vanguard's at $350.00. No scope
Remington 700's at $350.00. No scope
Remington 710's at $250.00. Scope'd

:eek:, I'll be right there!!! Oh! Do you mind if I use your address for the the paperwork? :D josh

intruder

Walmarts going out of the gun business. We just got a brand spanking new Walmart Super Center two months ago here in Pa. Not a gun to be had and their not getting any. This in an area where schools and business close for the first day of deer. I asked the associate at the sporting goods counter were's the shooting irons are. He informed me that walmart is going out of the firearms business. So get what they have left their selling them cheap. Nice shooting

mudstud

The Super WalMart in my town still sells shooting irons. They've been sold out of the Model 70 Super Shadows since about last Xmas. Oddly, perhaps, the last one they had in the store, was I believe a 30-06. They have a Remington 700 VSSF II in there that I was noticing, and it was marked at $787 or thereabouts. Before I could decide to buy it, they raised the price to over $1100. Darned if I understand that. I mentioned to one of the salespersons a week or two ago that I could buy the same gun for $200 cheaper at a sporting goods store. Go figure.

Yithian

Yea, any new Walmart's will not have firearms.
If sales at old stores didn't support the paperwork and man-hours, they lost theirs.

Those that still have their firearms are fighting to keep them.
The reason for the sales deals is they are deleted from the Walmart inventory, finally.

Rem doesn't make the ADL or 710 any more, so we are making room for the new SPS's and 770's.
Winchester, we all know about.
The Weatherby's have gotten a new paint job on them, so the old ones are clearance as well.

Call around your area and ask if they still sell firearms. If they do, its hard for anyone to beat their price OTD.
If there is a problem with it, that store will ship it back for repairs for you.
No other seller, I know of, does that.

Both the stores here in Abilene, TX still have theirs.

Fat White Boy

Most Walmarts in California don't sell firearms anymore. They had a big problem keeping up with the paper work. But, before that happened, I bought one of the Model 70 Black Shadows in .270 for $350, my son bought one in 300 Win Mag. My firend got the last one on sale for $250.00....They all shoot great.

bcrash15

I saw the title and I was gonna say, "where are there wal-marts that still sell guns?" I haven't seen firearms in any wal-mart I've been in in the last 3 or 4 years, and that spans at least 6 or 7 different cities in 3 states. The info posted previously lays it out fairly well though, I guess those locales just couldn't offer the sales necessary to support that department.