Waffen D'schulnigg Salzburg Austria

credx2

Anybody have any history on Waffen Dschulnig in Salzburg Austria. My Dad bought one of these new in Germany in 1963. Beautiful rifle Mauser action 30-06 with the original claw mounts and German scope. I'm trying to find out more about the company. The business still exists but their web site is pretty lean on information, no historical information at all. I see various references in German but that doesn't help me much. There are a couple of paragraphs in Rifles of the World. Any help would be appreciated. Any Austrian rifle aficionados out there?

taylorce1

Can you post any pictures of them? While I don't know anything about your rifles I'd love to see them. German and Austrian craftsmanship at its best really gets my blood boiling.

Wildalaska

Beautiful rifle Mauser action 30-06 with the original claw mounts and German scope. I'm trying to find out more about the company. The business still exists but their web site is pretty lean on information, no historical information at all.

Have you tried an email? Send this

Hello, besitzen I ein Ihre Firmagewehre, Mauser 30-06. Mein Vater gekauft innen 1963. Hier sind einige Abbildungen. Gibt es irgendwelche Informationen, die Sie geben können mir über es? Danke

Send them some pics. They will probably reply in English, since if you use my poor German generic info request referred to above they realize that you dont speak german:p

WildgotothesourceAlaska™©2002-10

kraigwy

I too would like to see pictures.

Is it a Mannlicher Schoenauer action (rotary magazine) or the mauser Action?

Might try and find a copy of Frank de Haas' BOLT ACTION RIFLES.

credx2

Unfortunately I'm no where near the gun and Pops not all that savvy with the digital camera and e-mail so getting photos at the moment is a little tough. I'll be visiting him in the next month or so. I'll take some photos then. If you want to see one like it there is one on Cabella's site right now. My Dads doesn't have the engraving or the schnabel fore stock but otherwise it is pretty close. It is the Mauser action not the Mannlicher Schoenauer action. Oh yeah the one on Cabella’s is no longer available...I just bought it. (no I didn't pay asking) I’ll post more photos of that one when it arrives.

Wild Alaska, good suggestion. I will eventually go to the shop for info. Just exhausting English possibilities first. Now I have two to research.

hooligan1

Wildalaska, thanks, I just said that to my old german neighbors' wife and got my face slapped:eek::eek:;) PICTURES MAN,:) WE WANT PICTURES!!!!