WA non-resident CCW in Idaho

Stiofan

Posted this one other place but thought I might get some ideas here too since this is a much busier forum.

I just want to confirm this is the best way for me to go. If I get an Idaho CCW permit it's not recognized in Washington (I live in Post Falls, 5 miles from the border and spend a decent amount of time in Spokane) but Idaho does recognize Washington's CCW permits. So I'm thinking of getting the non-resident WA permit, which should allow me carry CCW in Washington, Idaho, Montana and Utah. I'll be out of luck in Oregon but won't be there much anyway, so most of the PNW is covered.

Cost of Wa and Idaho permits are about the same, both are shall issue and take up to 60 days. Anything else I need to know about?

PS, not interested in Utah permit, either of these are easy for me and no classes are necessary.

NavyLT

Seems like WA is the way to go. All I needed was a driver's license and $55.50. You do have to apply in person at any law enforcement office.

Kind of a funny story - we went to get ours at Island County Sheriff's office. Even to enter the office you have to go through security screening. My wife has in her purse two key ring ornaments made from .300 RSAUM and .460 S&W rounds that she has fired. Bullets seated into empty brass. Anyway, I put my keys in the tray which have a maybe 1 1/2 inch pocket knife attached to the key ring. They take that and lock it up for me. I am waiting for the purse to go through the xray machine and for the fun to start.

They xray the purse and just hand it to her. They had to see those big-a$$ rounds in there....

Oh, I was in Navy LT uniform as well...

BTW, she got a Taurus Mil Pro SS 10-round .45 acp for our 20th anniv.

Stiofan

Funny story.

Decided to pull the trigger today and went downtown to Spokane. Same MO, had to practically strip to get through the detector, but I was aware of it so I had nothing but my wallet and keys and belt. The rest was fairly fast and painless, so in 6-8 weeks I'm golden. Thanks for your reply. ;)

MD_Willington

Whitman county here... walk in at almost closing on a Friday... paperwork & prints, some chatting, pay the lady at the front desk.

Next Wednesday.. permit in mail box. :D