Wünderbülletz (hi-tech ammo)

Rovert

Can you guys help me come up with a list of all the 'high-tech' bullets that are out there? My plan is to evaluate each as a potential self defense round, and also to start a collection of a few of each, by expanding the rounds and making a display, for a conversation piece.

Here are those that I can think of so far:
Black Talon
Gold Dot
Golden Sabres
EFMJ (Federal)
CorBon
HydraShok
NyClad

I know there are many more rounds out there, bordering on the outrageous, but need your help to identify them.

TIA!

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
I'm not sure I'd put plain ol' Cor-Bon on that list; most Cor-Bon uses pretty conventional JHP's, just loaded to high velocities.

Jack19

Look around at your local gunshow for a box of old Super-Vel. Found one at my last show, will never shoot it. Now that's a conversation piece. lol

Silvertip and Ranger SXT (replaced the Black Talon) by Winchester.

Hornady's bullet, the XTP?

PMC Starfire.

Magsafe

Beesafe? Beehive?

SDC

Short Stop

The new "wonder" round is supposed to be these "Extreme Shock" frangible things.

THV

Arcane

"BAT" or Blitz Action Trauma (Geco Action Safety)

There's really too many too list; as a cartridge-collector, I try to get as many of these things as I can, and section them just to see/show how they work.

Rovert

Thanks for the ongoing feedback, guys. Keep it coming! Hey, what was that 'anti-terrorist' round that was mentioned here a day or two ago? It was a new design in a radial star pattern that reminded me of a grapefruit cut in half.

T.Stahl

How about the Hirtenberger EMB (Expansion-Mono-Block)?

BTW, Wünderbülletz sounds very Turkish to a German like me. ;)

Rovert

Heh...

Well, forgive my broken German, but it's the best I could do without training. Since the favored term for the urrent crop of polymer ergo-guns by Walthr and Glock seems to be 'Überpistol' (Überpistölen, if plural, yes?), I figured that such a weapon deserved Wünderbülletz. :D

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add those to my list, and see if I can find some.

CaesarI

tee hee... lotssa luck recovering the Glaser Blue and Silver expanded bullets... They'd don't really expand in the traditional sense...

-Morgan

viper

- RBCD Performance Plus(particularly their "Special Application Ammunition")
- Magsafe(Especially Agent Loads)
- GEA "Cyclone" Round
- International Cartridge Corporation(Especially their 75 gr. +p "Supernine" round)
- THV(France)

Chris Pinkleton

I've only seen these mentioned one place ("Great Combat Handguns" by Leroy Thompson and Rene Smeets) but the Senix "High-Perf" line seems fairly exotic -- saboted rounds with "an extra-hard sub-caliber point." I wonder if any of these made it to the US. (I think this was a European line.)

Extreme Shock - the stuff with the full page glossy ads that contain almost no real information. Go to www.extremeshockusa.com

I am not sure that Talon, Hydrashok, etc. qualify as some sort of high tech rounds. Actually, I doubt any are, although they are new-fangled maybe.

Well, your tests should be enlightening, not to mention putting a serious dent in your kids' college education fund.