vz. 52 anyone have one?

Venom1956

So a local shop has one of these but its chambered in 7.62x44 but I thought I was super cool after I found out it was also chambered in x39 I got even more curious. Does anyone have one in earlier caliber or have any experience shooting them?

Venom1956

i've found one in 7.62x45 but I don't know if i could justify the price because i doubt i'd ever shoot it if it wasn't in 7.62x39

doofus47

venom1956
I don't know if i could justify the price
a 7.62x45 shouldn't be that pricey b/c the surplus ammo is getting hard to find and no commercial outfit has stepped in to make any afaik. If someone wants you charge you 350, especially for one of those black crinkle covered versions, it's too much.
I see average copies on GB going for 200-300.
The 7.62x39 models are more expensive. I've not seen any of those sell for less than 450.
Admittedly, I don't troll for vz52 or 52/57 as often as when I was thinking about a project a couple years ago.

I shoot mine... I buy surplus ammo when I can ( probably pay too much ) also convert 220 Swift cases to 7.62 x 45... ( have all the form dies, but there is still some machine work to do )

I ran across a company ( I think from Denver ) that sells loaded ammo made from 303 British

FIL collected Czech guns, since he was Czech... I added a VZ-58 to the collection after we inherited those guns...

I shoot the VZ-58 more, as it's chambered in 7.62 X 39... but there is nothing wrong with the 7.62 x 45 except availability... the VZ-52 is heavier, but I actually like it better :)