VTR 223

roc1

I have Remington. Vtr in 223. I have gotten some good groups and some Ho hum. What can make this gun shoot great? I reload my ammo works the best so far. I have tried to adjust the trigger this new xmark will not adjust.I sent the gun back to Remington and they replaced the barrel and action and adjusted trigger to 3lbs. The trigger still is not any good and is really stiff the gun shoots a lot better than before I still think it should be better. It does not seem to be consisent as i would like. I have shot one group all were touching but mostly 1/2-3/4 with flyers. That is the part I dont understand is the terrible trigger a good suspect? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
roc1

saddlerocker

an aftermarket stock would probably help. Or glass bed the stock you have
I have heard the houge stocks are pretty flimsy.
Maybe a timney trigger

since you reload im assuming you have tried a few different bullet grains.

just curious, why did remington replace the action and barrel?

roc1

The gun would not group at all when i first got it. I called Remington and they sent me a shipping label and told me to send it in that they wanted their customers happy. I got it back and it will group now just have not found the sweet spot where it shoots the best. The gun shoots decent but not great yet. The trigger is awful even after they adjusted it down not like the old rifles and it will not adjust any lower. I noticed the stock is flimsy and not free floated but they had not tightened the bolts all the way to 30lbs and the stock did not touch. I floated it and torqued the screws tight and it still shoots the same or better on handloads but have not found a good factory load yet.
Thanks for help
roc1

Palmetto-Pride

I sent the gun back to Remington and they replaced the barrel and action and adjusted trigger to 3lbs.

So they sent you back your original stock with a new barreled action....wow it seems odd that they wouldn't have just sent you a complete new gun.

It could be the stock or barrel heating up that could be throwing your group off.

roc1

The gun was new when I sent it back. They replaced everything but the trigger and stock. They rechecked it at the gallery and sent me a target shot @ 100yds showing a 1/2 group.It will start to string shots when the barrel heats up which is quickly now that we are at 100 degree temps. Ithink the trigger is the main culprit with the stock not far behind.
roc1